(This is why Republican politicians refuse to take the virus seriously. They see dead minorities as a feature, not a bug.)
Y'all think Lt. Dan Forest would be running around maskless having his super-spreader campaign rallies if it were *his* voters dying from it? #cmonson
Trump / Forest / et al saw an opportunity to lynch people without a rope

That's why you had the "ReOpen NC" astroturf campaign, the Yapping Yam's "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!" tweets, and all the other plum damn foolishness
Trumpists will get you sick

Then stick you with the bill

Then laugh all the way to the ballot box
Exactly right. That's a big reason why you see a disconnect between politicians and their voters

For example, 88% of Republicans say they wear masks Always or Sometimes when leaving home; only 12% say Rarely or Never (nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/1…)
This is a photo from the Brett Kavanaugh hearing. Two years ago.

Try again. Be less wrong next time.
If it actually "came from a place of hurt and people needing to provide for their families," they'd have been advocates for wearing masks – a necessary precursor to reopening

But they weren't. They were opposed to both closures *and* health precautions.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
 

Keep Current with T. Greg Doucette

T. Greg Doucette Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

  2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @greg_doucette

18 Oct
We're official! 🥰 Photo of Greg's hand with a...
(May have real pics later, I intentionally left my phone inside because I figure that's what we hired a photographer for 😂)
No offspring until well after September, we shelled out $$$$$ for festivities we had to delay until next year due to COVID -- we're having our party come hell or high water! 😂
Read 10 tweets
18 Oct
Anyone know why someone back in the late 1800s / early 1900s would have gotten the Roman numerals 4 through 11 engraved on a ring? 🤔

Google has not helped
That was my first thought. Then I looked up the verse and I hope not 😂
Read 9 tweets
18 Oct
FutureSpouse to me, at 11:33am: "Can you get me a bandage? I cut my leg while shaving"

Me to FutureSpouse, at 12:02pm: "Can you get me a bandage? I cut my finger... cutting an apple" 🤦‍♂️

Perfectly normal Sunday
We already have 3, one in each bathroom 😂

Along with an assortment of gauze, tapes, disinfectants, etc etc
I've had an apple almost every day for 2-3 years now

0 cuts until October 2020, and have managed to slice myself 2x in 2 weeks 🤦‍♂️
Read 4 tweets
18 Oct
I didn't think you could tweet something dumber than your takes on libel and slander

But clearly I underestimated you
Good tall @kirstiealley 😂👍👍 Image
Also LOL at all the Rs who've spent their lives b*tching about "Hollyweird" and actors' opinions on politics now coming to white knight for the beleaguered Ms. Alley
Read 6 tweets
17 Oct
THEY'RE SO WEIRD SHEP! 😂

I started listening to the @QanonAnonymous podcast a few months ago and holy hell
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!


This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us on Twitter!