3 bedroomed house
4 wheel drive car
It's therefore not surprising that for many, owning/building a house is the mark of adulthood
Why is this a thing?
Would an adult conversation where you pay some of the bills for the folks in exchange for some autonomy get you freedom?
How about renting their SQ?
1. Goals have to be as a result of honest reflection. Do they have real meaning for me? Are they going to make my life better? Is it a "me thing", or a "society thing"?
Achievable / attainable
- Establish how much it costs today
- Use a compounding calculator to apply a long-term inflation rate (about 7% if you're in Kenya)
Of course this isn't an exact science, but it gives you something to work with.
Put a date to your goals.
- Short term - 1 year or less, like our #52WeekChallenge
- Medium term - Take 2-5 years to achieve
- Long term - Huko 7-20 years.
1. You start saving 5,000 bob a month at 25, then you stop when you turn 30.
2. You start saving 5,000 bob a month at 30, then you stop at 35
Less than 1 million? More than 5 million? About 2 million?