1. find your allies. i have deep connections with other women/lgbt people here, and we talk about this shit, and it helps so much.
2. be as open about these problems AS YOU FEEL SAFE DOING. don't feel pressured
3. if you can, push in the moment. when people say something fucked up, point it out for everyone to hear.
4. don't be afraid to leave for your sanity.
-Getting shit for being a girl in multiplayer games (like League)
-People assuming I'm not a "real" gamer
Being a woman in games is FUCKING HARD.
if you're a woman in games & you want to talk: reach out, please. we need to talk to each other & not feel isolated.
if you're a dude in games: try to understand that daily life is sometimes intolerable and the problem is systemic. this isn't an accusation
1. i love riot and what we do, and i'm super dedicated to making it a better place. please don't let this stop you from applying