I can fix this crap right now.
She wants the DVD to investigate. Repeatedly, it has been rightly said the FBI has no jurisdiction on this-its a STATE matter.
Maryland. Let's see the statutes for sexual abuse/assault.
2) Do you see the problem?
*Can't file a civil suit for damages (which wasn't even the objective here).
*Can't file a misdemeanor, either, too late.
All that's left is a criminal felony charge.
Okay, let's go there. What happens?
She would have to go the police, in the jurisdiction where the incident happened, AND FILE CRIMINAL CHARGES. The police would open an investigation of the alleged incident. She would have to provide detailed information, that could be corroborated.
4) so far, she can't provide anything but a 36 year old memory, with 3 people (Kav, Judge, & "PJ") who have all denied they know anything about it. Without a witness, or physical evidence, it would be tossed out by the D.A. There simply isn't enough evidence
5) the goal is the delay/denial of Kavanaugh's SC appointment. So asking for the FBI to "investigate" is their only option. With the upper FBI tainted already, they are hoping for a shady investigation to side with her. (Polygraph, therapist notes as 'proof'
6) "You have therapy notes from a while back, that's awesome. We can work with that. Can you pass a polygraph? We'll do that privately, if you can't, we'll have to try something else. Passed!!! Whoo-HOO!!"
7) Your internet history? Ack, that's troubling, but we can scrub you...like with a cloth, right? 😉 Need a few weeks to scrub it well. Let's get you a lawyer we can work with, umkay? Anita and Hillz will be so proud of you."
8) You'll need to ask to go on record, but they'll fold like a cheap suit with all this evidence. No worries, we'll get him gone long before you would be asked to testify. Trust us, it will be fine."
Wrong, Chrissy. Grassley called your bluff.