Profile picture
Courtney!!! Milan 🦖 @courtneymilan
, 6 tweets, 1 min read Read on Twitter
Part of the reason I tweeted yesterday about being tired of being scared is I donated to Democrats and was instantly deluged with a veritable sea of scare-mongering emails.
There are a lot of reasons to be scared, but being scared isn’t good for our brains.

It’s good for fundraising, but it’s bad for decision making.
I do not think “fear so much that you throw all your money at me” is a good long-term way to combat Trump.

I think Trump thrives in an environment of fear.
I think humans are badly adapted for a click-bait world in which 1% of humanity benefits if we keep the other 99% in a constant state of fight-or-flight.
And I do not yet know what to do about it, but I think that I need to work on moving forward and doing things from a place that is not fear.
This is not an answer, but an articulation of the question I have been trying to ask for the last few years.
Missing some Tweet in this thread?
You can try to force a refresh.

Like this thread? Get email updates or save it to PDF!

Subscribe to Courtney!!! Milan 🦖
Profile picture

Get real-time email alerts when new unrolls are available from this author!

This content may be removed anytime!

Twitter may remove this content at anytime, convert it as a PDF, save and print for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video

1) Follow Thread Reader App on Twitter so you can easily mention us!

2) Go to a Twitter thread (series of Tweets by the same owner) and mention us with a keyword "unroll" @threadreaderapp unroll

You can practice here first or read more on our help page!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!


This site is made by just three indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member and get exclusive features!

Premium member ($30.00/year)

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!