3. Minimum wage of 1,300€/month
4. Measures to protect small businesses (stop building malls, no more “big box” stores), more parking spaces in downtowns
5. Government program for insulating homes & other buildings
7. Same health insurance system for all (including self-employed)
8. Keep retirement system the way it is now (working people pay the pensions of retirees)
10. No old age pensions below 1,200€/month
11. All elected officials should earn French median income + reimbursement of travel costs if justified + meal tickets
12. All salaries & government benefits must be indexed on inflation
14. End the European system whereby workers from other European countries are paid the lower salaries and benefits of their respective countries rather than French wages and benefits
16. Create a French industry of hydrogen powered automobiles
17. End the politics of austerity
18. Better treatment for asylum seekers. Provide lodging, food, security & ...
19. Accompany those who are not granted asylum back to the countries they came from
21. Maximum salary fixed at 15,000€/month
22. Jobs for the unemployed
Uh-oh, missed one up thread 😩
18. Treat the causes that are forcing people to migrate.
25. Rent control. More social housing and in particular housing for college students, contractors, gig economy workers, people without steady jobs
26. Outlaw the sale of French public property (dams, airports...)
28. The totality of sums collected at toll booths should go to maintaining the countries highways & roads...
29. As the prices of natural gas & electricity have risen since these sectors were privatized, we demand the re-nationalization of these industries and the lowering of prices
30. An immediate end to the closings of smaller train lines,...
31. Well-being for our elderly. Outlaw for-profit elderly care. The time of “gray gold” has come to an end
32. A maximum of 25 students per class from nursery school through high school
34. Write a popular referendum system into the Constitution. Create an on-line referendum site where citizens can propose new laws, overseen by an independent body. If a proposition receives over 700,000 votes it should be introduced...
35. Return to a presidential mandate of 7 years (currently it’s 5) with interim elections of reps
37. Extension of public aid to parents paying for daycare for children up until 10 years of age
38. Incentivize transportation of merchandise by rail
40. Presidents should no longer receive a salary for life
41. Outlaw the tax paid by shopkeepers each time a client pays by credit or debit card
42. Tax kerosene, air and maritime fuels
The End? No, ....