You got a Christmas Dobson break last week but it is time for us to dive back in.
CashApp - $BethanySparkle
Our next chapter is entitled "Something Crazy Is Happening To My Body" which I think we can all agree is the last thing that any of us really want to hear Dobson talking about but here we are all the same. Onward we must go.
There will be other times in this book when he says more egregious and blatant things than this.
I do actually remember trying to use this on my mom. Never worked.
No mention of cramps, literally at all.
The trouble was with YOU, you stupid child. For not understanding things better. Idiot.
But basically he wants you to know that there's nothing wrong with you and that everyone grows up eventually.
He assures boys that it is very likely they will constantly think about these girls they "used to hate so much!"
I just... I certainly didn't hate boys as a kid, and I knew boys who didn't hate me. The binary isn't really what they try to make it.
I... wait, what? You're just going to say that and not say anything else? Like NOTHING?
"Sexual intercourse is the name given to the act that takes place when a man and a woman remove all their clothing (usually done in bed) & the man's sex organ (his penis) becomes very hard and straight...
The most notable thing in this part is that he says repeatedly that AIDS is 100% fatal always, there is no cure, it is a death sentence. This is... not at all true by the time this book came out. It wasn't EXACTLY true ever.
Did I mention he started out this whole section, and then repeated reassurances that god demands control of our sexuality because he loves us? Abusive pos.
Basically he says that god doesn't say anything about it and he can't speak for him but he can only give his personal opinion.
3) Do I have a disease or an abnormality?
4) Am I going to be different from other people? (this one is interesting to me because it's so vague & also doesn't sound like any kid I know. All my kiddos WANT to be different, at least to a point)
6) Will I be able to have intercourse or will there be something wrong with me? (He gives no response to this but, again, the fact that this is such a concern is probably partly his fault)
8) Will god punish me for the sexual thoughts that I have? I told you that you're likely to think about the opposite sex often during these years. When this happens you may feel guilty for the thoughts that occur. (okay???)
HEY. HEY. Quick pause. I'd like to take this moment to say that I love all of you say much, especially my queer babies and fam. This man is hateful and says horrible things and WE READ THIS STUFF.
Take a breath with me, okay?
You are loved.
We're almost done.
12) Will my modesty be sacrificed? It's common during the early adolescent years for you to become extremely modest about your body. You know it's changing and you don't want anybody to see it. Therefor you may worry about being...
That's it. That's all he says about that. I mean, first off, what a bizarrely phrased question. It again certainly does not sound like anything a kid actually said.