, 3 tweets, 1 min read Read on Twitter
vox.com/policy-and-pol… I don’t think conservative leaders are confused about how marginal tax rates work. They’re just lying. Still, your Fox News watching relatives are probably confused, so give them this explainer.
A simple way to explain it to your Fox grandpa: Say the 70% tax rate kicks in at one million dollars, and it’s 30% before that. You make one million and one dollar. Only the one dollar is taxed at 70%. The rest is taxed at 30%.
To be clear, Fox News grandpa will probably kick and scream and declare you’re lying when you tell the truth. But a small fraction of people really are confused. And the rest are going to have a harder time gulping down lies if you keep pressing, politely but firmly, the truth.
Missing some Tweet in this thread?
You can try to force a refresh.

Like this thread? Get email updates or save it to PDF!

Subscribe to Amanda Marcotte
Profile picture

Get real-time email alerts when new unrolls are available from this author!

This content may be removed anytime!

Twitter may remove this content at anytime, convert it as a PDF, save and print for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video

1) Follow Thread Reader App on Twitter so you can easily mention us!

2) Go to a Twitter thread (series of Tweets by the same owner) and mention us with a keyword "unroll" @threadreaderapp unroll

You can practice here first or read more on our help page!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!


This site is made by just three indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member and get exclusive features!

Premium member ($3.00/month or $30.00/year)

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!