- Take action, practice.
- Surround yourself with awesome individuals.
Look at the job titles companies are hiring for.
Understand the best way to learn.
- Get certificates (if you want them)
- Read books, go to classes, whatever.
Compile a list of your passions.
- Build your resume with conviction in mind.
Create a one-pager that you can easily share online, or for introductions etc.
Network at conventions.
Business cards are still important.
- Build your platform with more stuff - speaking, answering Q&A, etc
- If possible, offer complimentary sessions or free classes for underrepresented groups.
- Don't undersell yourself - take what you think you're worth and double it.
[ed: yes. always true.]
- Job advances/positions
- Passive income
- What does success look like, now and in the future?
- What or who makes you happy?
Write your vision statement
- Live by it, online and offline.
- Find ways to promote brand.
- What's your brand? Make sure people know it.
- Identify how to showcase your best self
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses
- Establish credibility
- Solidify your niche
- Convey message and values
Your personal brand is your first product.
- Be social, while hiding sensitive information
- Barcodes, con badges, flight tickets, keys, addresses
Have a plan for running in to any of these security/privacy issues.
- Keep notes
- Know who to contact
- Trolls: block or ban them if you can, else troll back (not recommended, but possible).
Why enable youtube comments?
- Rather have troll waste energy on me than new people.