I'm keen to redesign my course. I have 10 weeks.
What should I include?
I'd love it if academics would each suggest 10 topics they think are key priorities for a core course. What's MOST important? GO!
taking two weeks to consider different explanations of divergence.
really important question, & good to spend time exploring alternative hypotheses.
labour, social movements, & development @SOAS
thinking about collective struggles - against colonialism, caste-discrimination, & exploitation.
but i really really like it.
it's a nice way of institutionalising peer learning, & creating space for them to explore what interests them.
Personally, I want my students to understand:
- why have some but not other countries experienced sustained growth
- governance & resistance
- global governance: migration, environ, supply chains
It seems we all have very different takes on this!!
And I was *very* surprised that not everyone regards economic growth as central.
- Why have some but not other countries experienced sustained growth?
- What are the drivers of 'good governance'?
- Why do inequalities persist?