You know that new racial introspection thing you've been looking for?
Well listen to THIS!
This is what it looks like for white person to ACTUALLY grapple with one's place in a racist society.
This is what "no cookies" looks like.
1) This article is by a white person for white people.
2) The author does not try to set themselves apart from "less enlightened" white people
4) The story isn't about the white person saving their Black friend from racism. It's about them standing by.
6) The author vividly expresses their own journey from obliviousness to denial to dismay
8) The author uses their own privilege and access for both support of Black people and repentance
Let it be your template.
Consider this the bare minimum experience of really GETTING it.
When as a white person you really understand racism.
Don't tell Black and Brown people that you get it. How you got it. How anti-racist you are gong to be.
That information doesn't help us.
Tell it to other white people. Spread the word.