Um, let's explore that.
Back then, we were perceived as straight, and benefited from the safety and privileges of that.
- Right-wing politicians and activists threaten our right to be married
- Our children face discrimination
- We have to think twice before showing affection in public
(Oh, there's more...)
- We worry each election cycle that our rights could be affected
- We never stop coming out to people
- Just living our lives opens us up to judgement and is makes us unsafe
Okay. Back to my big, bad, gay self.