2. Let their voices have agency to help create rules and how your family operates
3. Talk to them, starting very young about racial, gender, and sexuality biases.
5. Engage in meaningful & difficult conversations, even if you are uncomfortable or don't know what to say.
7. Get involved with their online hobbies and interests. Talk to them regularly about their YouTube consumption and the games they are playing.
9. Encourage free expression of all feelings, focus on growing skills for how things are communicated, but support ALL emotions.
10. Let your kids fail and be afraid without shame. Be there for them.
12. Apologize when you mess up.
13. Love them the most when they seem to deserve it the least. It's then that they MOST need you.
15. Learn to recognize & address trauma-inducing events right away.