madi ✨ @ PLAY DEMIDATO Profile picture
Aug 9, 2019 23 tweets 11 min read Read on X
✨ Cosplay thread: Marnie (Pokemon Sword/Shield) ✨
🖤Started: 8th August
🖤Deadline: 15th November (game release date!)

Baby's first cosplay! Wish me luck!😤
Started on the shoes today!
Went ham with the hacksaw lol
I was hoping the heels would be solid all the way through but I'm planning to cover them in foam anyway so nbd
Their balance is surprisingly still pretty good!
Started on her choker pendant!
Gonna keep working on this version just as an experiment but I'll probably redo it with thicker foam later on ✨
Sanded some bevels on my practice pendant (still getting used to working with the foam tbh), filled the heels of my shoes with some leftover caulk, and patterned out the studded shoe cuff thingy. Making headway! but I'm running out of things to do without the thicker EVA foam
Going to rework this jacket of mine for her top! Was going to go modify a leather jacket but nothing I could find worked and the shape of this one's collar is really close. Hopefully making all the bits n pieces out of foam ✨
Found these (creepy???) yo yos, which should be perfect for the round studs on her jacket & boots once sawn in half and painted ✌️
Gave the lil studs a spray white undercoat (which in hindsight was very unnecessary), and layered some black since my metallic silver was less pigmented than I thought. Two layers of silver in and they're nice n shiny already 😍
I've had this silver for a few years since I worked at the hardware store and uh... BOY is it shiny!
I don't think I mind since it kinda goes with the anime aesthetic, and hopefully a layer of clear will knock it back a bit
Gave the studs a lil painted bevel / shadow to mimic the Pokemon art style ✨
(before / after)
Made a new template for the choker pendant since the other one was pretty janky. The studs also got their clear coat today ;w; 🌟
Melted/poked some holes in half of the studs with a hot needle - I don't really trust glue to hold them on the jacket, so I'll be able to sew them on using the holes
(maybe don't do this inside though friends, there are some fumes that could be p nasty)
Patterning!!
(I'm very out of my depth lol)
Crafting her little jacket ... thingies
Assembly's done on her jacket doodads, just gotta join them with the middle parts after paint!
Had to fill in a lot of the edges with caulk bc my cutting and glue up left a lot to be desired lol
Paint (and an attempt at sewing the jacket collar???) tomorrow! 😤🙏
Got a lot done! Base coat and more filling done on the jacket accents, and I used a sewing machine for the first time in 11 years to make the curved jacket lapel!
It's certainly not perfect but I'm *very* proud of it, I conquered a lot of fear today ☺️
Jacket gots buttons, twiddly accessories getting paint, and I made the fabric part of the choker!
(It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that a choker is just a tube and not somehow a rectangle with multiple seams)
Now that Evolve and my Team Skull cosplay is done, it's back to work on Marnie!
I picked up these boots that are the perfect shape for her - just needs some paint and a bit of foamsmithing for the mid-foot cuff thing.
They silver! Now for black and studs
Boots are nearly done! Just the cuff to go.
They're so slippery from the most podge oops but oh well

Now all I have left are the dress and the wig... Both the things I'm most scared of 😬😬😬
Gonna paint the foam band a darker black but the boots are assembled!! I'm honestly giddy with how good they look AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Boots are done! And I started styling the wig. I'm really not good at this and it needs a lot of tweaking but it's a start!
It's been 400 years.. but the wig is almost done! 😅
Just the liquid latex experiment to see if I can mimic her shaved hairline
Since it's been a while, here's a cosplay progress report:
✨shoes done
✨jacket is almost done, just gotta make the diamond rivet things
✨wig's nearly done
✨haven't started the dress (trying to thrift something to modify)
We're getting there! pretty much just the dress to go

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with madi ✨ @ PLAY DEMIDATO

madi ✨ @ PLAY DEMIDATO Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(