Brands - SIRF EXCEL & RED LABEL [both are from Hindustan Uniliver]
1. Apno ko Apnao campaign for Red label during kumbh mela conceptualised by Mindshare Fulcrum.
A Hindu devotee goes to Kumbh just to get rid of his father.
3. Shree Ganesh Apnepan Ka for Red Label during Ganesh Chaturthi'18
Now let's have a look at the story.
These three ads, conceptualised by three different marketing firms, have one thing in common,
The company (subsidiary of UK based Uniliver) seems to be loving the tactics of East India Company
These controversial ads talk about bigotry and extremism among hindus which is not true in reality. Here is how -
2. By showing a holi colors as being a pollutant, they are giving a message for ghettoisation of Muslims (and daag no more achhe?)
3. Lastly, there are
So, why is Hindustan Uniliver doing it?
Well, it's a marketing tactic,
Here is their workflow-
1. Make controversial ad, portraying Hindus as bigots
2. RW will trend on twitter to boycott
3. Media will cover the story
5. At the end, it helps the brand to portray as if they are doing some social service
They know that consumers of these brands don't read english newspaper and thus, it will negatively impact the sales
They are winning this battle and they will keep doing it again and again