• You can gain weight from “eating clean.”
• Flexible dieting doesn’t mean you can eat everything you want to eat.
• Bulking doesn’t mean over eating everything.
• Fasted cardio doesn’t burn more fat.
• You cannot spot reduce body fat.
So in as much as you’re practicing mindful eating, you need to keep track of your calories to either maintain your current weight, gain weight or lose weight.
Bulks are normally VERY controlled, maybe by 200+ calories to help you build lean muscle while you cut afterwards.
For weight loss, your main focus should be eating at a caloric deficit (calories in < calories out). It’s always more about your nutrition than the workouts you do with weight loss.