1. By now, you've likely heard the White House has issued a letter basically saying they're not complying with the House's impeachment inquiry.
Full text of letter here: cnn.com/2019/10/08/pol…
2. The House has a few choice right now, including:
a. Taking a House vote, or
b. Add this onto the articles of impeachment as another charge.
Here's a breakdown on-
Disclaimer, I'm not an expert. But there are a LOT of explanations floating around on how inherent contempt can be applied. It starts with subpoenas.
Start here: washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/…
But here's what we can do NOW.
1. Call House Dems and stress you want the events of today added as another impeachment charge.
Point to this latest poll: cnbc.com/2019/10/08/maj…
Yeah, the back and forth is between the House and White House right now. But the trial is going to be in the Senate. Senators need to be paying attention and following closely.
- Addressing Trump's Turkey/Syria policy
- Working every possible connection to stay in the Open Skies treaty.
There's a lot of chaos ATM and Senators need to be working.