We have Plaintiff's responses to the Funi & Toye/Rial motions for sanctions - relevant to the hearing in 2 hours. Nothing up for Marchi yet. I'll have them up in a minute.
Based on fonts and formatting, these are from Martinez Hsu, not from BHBWhoever.
That final sentence is rank nonsense displaying a lack of comprehension for the purposes of the law.
Mr. Volney just filed a motion that made it clear that there is no longer time or tolerance. You're arriving for a hearing with Mr. Volney at any moment. And you thought it wise to use the phrase "padding his bill"?
Did you really want to go with "we dragged Funimation into court with no evidence but Funimation is worse than us"? Really?
Also - widow/orphan issues. Learn to fix them.
Judge Chupp: "The fundraising isn't paid to the Plaintiff?"
Plaintiff's "Team": "Right, judge."
Judge Chupp: "So who does it go to?"
Plaintiff's "Team": "It goes directly to the Plaintiff's lawyers."
They better hope that nobody is prepared to put on evidence regarding "Round 2" or anything Ty said on Nick's show.
(1) This isn't bad in places. It's still well better than anything BHBWhoever has produced.
(2) I'd still predict just on general principles that everyone (except maybe Marchi) is getting at least a 10%-ish haircut on the fees.
(3) There are too many things that weren't done here. If you get itemized billing, there's no excuse for failing to produce itemized objections.
(4) You don't ever say "all entries that do X should be denied without identifying all entries that do X."
(6) The defense will have read these. But if they were submitted after business hours yesterday, Judge Chupp may not have.