PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION REPORT ON THE DEATH OF FLYING OFFICER TOLULOPE AROTILE
1. On 14 July 2020, the @NigAirForce (NAF), and indeed the entire Nation, was thrown into mourning as a result of the death of one of our shining young stars in the
2. Moreover, while it would have been ideal for the entire investigation to be concluded before details on
3. In line with the normal procedure in the Nigerian Air Force during such occurrences, an investigation
a. The Late Flying Officer Tolulope Arotile, a Squadron Pilot at the 405 Helicopter Combat Training Group (405 HCTG)
b. On 14 July 2020 at about 10.55am, Late Flying Officer Arotile received a phone call from her colleague, Flying Officer Perry Karimo, a fellow helicopter pilot from the 405 HCTG, who wanted to discuss arrangements for
E. Flying Officer Arotile was subsequently rushed to the 461 NAF Hospital Kaduna for treatment, while Mr Folorunsho (one of the occupants of the vehicle) who
F. Flying Officer Arotile was confirmed dead by the On-Call Doctor at the 461 NAF Hospital at about 4.45pm on 14 July 2020, as a result of the head injuries.
h. Traffic Officers from the Kawo Police Station and the Kaduna State Police
4. Having carefully considered the foregoing, the preliminary investigation concluded that:
B. Being a civil case, the matter will be handed over to the Nigeria Police with a view to further investigating and
5. The Nigerian Air Force, being a highly professional and disciplined organization, will not join issues with any individuals or groups regarding the spurious allegations of ‘foul play’ espoused in some quarters.
6. Furthermore, it is extremely sad and disheartening that, rather than allow the Arotile Family and the Nigerian Air Force to grieve for our dearly departed Tolulope in peace, many have chosen to politicize her death, while
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
19 July 2020.