Taking COVID-19 seriously and demanding transparent, accountable, science-based government are not mutually exclusive.
I'd demand answers to questions about our policy response even if the death toll were 100x what it is today.
- Properly assess the risk and the benefit of action
- Properly assess the cost of each action & weigh it against the benefit
- Be clearly communicated to the public, including specific goals
- Account for ALL stakeholders, i.e. all members of society (rich, poor, young, old, etc)
- Be re-evaluated regularly as part of a discussion involving the public (not by decree)
We've pretty much violated every single one of them in the last 6 months.
That statement has zero to do with my personal politics.