Conspiracy theories are like smoking, once you try you can be hooked. The reasons they are so powerful and so confluent are myriad, but can be boiled down to just a few simple points, all of which are fallacies.
Proposition: The bible is the word of God
Conclusion: God exists as it says so in the bible.
The clue here is that the argument cannot be refuted.
1) Identify your emotion, and remove it from analysis
2) Review the core data, does it provide a plausible causal link to the conclusion.
3) Question the inferences, what other alternatives are available?
5) Examine the counter-arguments and apply the same techniques, which is now more convincing and why?
6) If data is absent, do not assume conspiracy, just lack of data. A lack of data questions links, not proves them.
8) If a circular argument is provided, disregard it. Its a trick.
9) If the message instills fear in you, but not others, you are being targetted.
avoid it. For more, have a look at this.
1) Aliens built the pyramids
2) The earth is flat
3) Homeopathic medicine has biological mechanisms
4) Healing crystals
5) Climate change is fake
6) 5G leads to COVID 19