Asm. Anthony Verrelli Profile picture
Mar 1, 2021 8 tweets 9 min read Read on X
🟦 🟨 🟩 February 28 of each year is @rarediseaseday. According to @RareDiseases, more than 7,000 rare diseases affect between 25 and 30 million people in the United States. ImageImageImageImage
This means that one out of every ten Americans suffers from a rare disease — and more than half of them are children. ImageImageImageImage
Last night, @DanBensonNJ and I finally had the opportunity to meet Kinsley Geurds and her family in front of the "TRENTON MAKES • THE WORLD TAKES" sign affixed to the Lower Trenton Bridge. ImageImageImageImage
Thanks to the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission, the "TRENTON MAKES" LED display was illuminated in blue, yellow, and green to give voice to all those who suffer from rare diseases, their families and caretakers, and the barriers to accessing healthcare... ImageImageImageImage
that they so often face, even those with health insurance. Kinsley, who lives with a rare and undiagnosed brain disorder, is well cared for by her whole family, and in particular by her mother, Pat Yuncza Geurds... ImageImageImageImage
...who is regularly hassled by insurance companies that delay and deny life-saving medical treatments, procedures, and drugs that Kinsley needs to stay alive. ImageImageImageImage
Pat's advocacy on behalf of her daughter is the genesis of Assembly Bill 823 — which I sponsor with Assembly Members Joann Downey and Dan Benson — which would mandate healthcare coverage for complex medical needs until age 18. ImageImageImageImage
Pat — on behalf of all that you and your family do every day for Kinsley, I thank you, and I commend you. #ShowYourStripes on #RareDiseaseDay 💙💛💚 ImageImageImageImage

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Asm. Anthony Verrelli

Asm. Anthony Verrelli Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @asmverrelli

Aug 9, 2021
(1/13) On Wednesday, August 4, 2021, it was my honor and pleasure to present copies of a joint ceremonial resolution on behalf of the Fifteenth Legislative District of the New Jersey Legislature — @NJSenTurner, @ASWReyJackson, and myself...
(2/13) honoring the members of @AmeriCorpsNCCC Team Earth 3, who were integral in assisting community vaccination efforts against COVID-19 in @AtlanticCityGov, @CityofTrentonNJ, and Camden, to Douglas J. Heath, Regional Manager of Continuity of Operations
(3/13) of @femaregion2 in @DHSgov; John A. Miller, Mitigation Liaison of @fema Region II; Reverend José Rodríguez, Sr. of the Iglesia Pentecostal AD-Trenton; and Reverend José Rodríguez, Jr. of the The Rodriguez Family Foundation.
Read 13 tweets
Jan 9, 2021
.@MikeCerulliCT is right — all politicians are not the same. On the right, we see Josh Hawley, the first person to declare that he would object to the certification of @JoeBiden's victory, pumping his fist (and not wearing a mask) as Trump loyalists cheer him on.
On the left, @RepAndyKimNJ — our very own Member of Congress from New Jersey's Third Congressional District — is on his hands and knees (and wearing a mask😷) picking up trash and debris after an armed, Trump-incited mob of insurrectionsts stormed the U.S. Capitol...
an event for which Josh Hawley is undoubtedly responsible.

Representative Kim, tweeting about why got down on the ground to help clean up, said: “We are all ordinary people in extraordinary times. What I did isn’t special...
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(