Kaye Profile picture
Apr 22, 2021 16 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Fifth graders at our school, ⁦@MarquezCharter⁩, are fortunate to learn history by performing in a series of plays written by the incomparable ⁦@jefftoes⁩. Molly was THRILLED to star in the lead roll of narrator, Katie, in “Miracle at Philadelphia.” TEAMMOLLY 🌟
Don’t miss watching this one 🥰
😍😍😍
Molly’s greatest dream was to perform for the world on stage. Thank you for making it come true, #TEAMMOLLY. Molly’s greatest disappointment was that COVID caused school to close, which meant this was the only live play of the year.
Molly was so proud of “Miracle at Philadelphia” that she brought a copy of the CD and gave it to Justice Sotomayor when she had the honor of meeting her. This is an incredible way for our kids to learn, but we have to fight for the funding for the plays each year.
As long as @jefflantos is willing to keep putting on his plays (he is retired but comes back just for this), I vow to make sure the funding is there. The arts should not be an “extra” that our kids experience if parents raise enough money. They are vital. Every school needs them!
I would greatly disappoint Molly if I didn’t mention her fifth grade teacher, Michelle Conn. Molly was a unique individual, as you all know. She did everything her own way and in her own time. Mrs. Conn “got” her and boosted Molly’s confidence. Molly idolized her 😍

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Kaye

Kaye Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @KayeSteinsapir

Nov 2, 2023
Molly talked to her dad and me ALL THE TIME about Syria and the brutality of the Assad regime.

Do you know that thousands of Palestinian Syrians have been murdered? Where was the “Free Palestine” crowd then?

A 🧵. Image
Who marched about the Sudan coup deaths? Libya? Chechnya? Somalia? Nigeria? Myanmar?

Tragically, war is ever-present. Who protests when there aren’t Jews to blame?

Molly had moral clarity and wisdom beyond her years. It was who she was. It was also from our Jewish values.
Our faith and culture embrace openness, tolerance and peace. We do not want war. Ever.

After 6 million Jews and others were murdered in the Holocaust, we do not want ANY more loss of innocent life. We are about LIFE, not death.

Radical Islam believes life begins at death.
Read 10 tweets
May 31, 2022
Our medical institutions often compound mental health issues.

I was prescribed the anti-depressant Effexor by an oncological NP for hot flashes from cancer treatment. Also, I was sobbing at an appointment, afraid I was going to die and leave my kids.

A 🧵.
No discussion of how it would affect my brain chemistry or how hard it would be to wean off. It might’ve been a Flintstone vitamin for the amount of care taken.

I later see a psychiatrist because I need to take a new cancer med and Effexor is incompatible. Switch to Lexapro.
Lexapro doesn’t work as well for me, so when I finish my 2 years on the new cancer drug, I switch back to Effexor.

Years later - fast forward to now - I want to taper off entirely. I’m not sure I need it anymore. Psychiatrist says fine and instructs me how to safely do it.
Read 8 tweets
May 7, 2022
Lord, I’ve had too much trauma in my life, and Vegas is no exception. My paternal grandmother lived here with her husband. Raging alcoholic racists, both of them. I came here during college to see her. I was too young to know better. My dad came with me. They’d been estranged.
My dad married a mentally ill woman whom my grandma hated. But he came with me to surprise his mom. She welcomed him with open arms. My dad was a gambling addict. We borrowed their car to go to the strip. He didn’t want to leave, of course. So we were gone till almost dusk.
These were old people who never drove their car. But they were tanked by the time we got home. And furious that the car had been gone too long. They attacked ME and threw me out of the house. Not him. He didn’t really stand up for me, but he did leave with me.
Read 7 tweets
Feb 8, 2022
I became disabled because of cancer and treatment side effects. I’m a lawyer and married to one. Experiencing firsthand how insurance companies are designed to pay as little as possible and how hard you have to battle them, enrages me for everyone who is sick and cannot fight 😡.
If it’s difficult for a white, well-spoken employment lawyer with the means to hire an ERISA expert and whose husband is a litigator, consider what happens when there’s a language barrier. Or no money for an attorney. Or no understanding of how the system works. You’re fucked.
One of the problems is that you can’t file a claim of “bad faith” against an insurer under ERISA. This means that there is financial little downside to improperly denying or cutting off benefits. This is why they can be inhumane with impunity. The law protects them, not us.
Read 4 tweets
Jan 11, 2022
We’re grateful for a card from the recipient of Molly’s lungs. Her own lungs were attacked by RA. She was home hooked to an oxygen tank for yr before the transplant. Now she can run after her 2 yr old grandson, and be his guardian when his parents are deployed in the Air Force.
The woman who received Molly’s lungs worked for the airlines for 26 years. She recently studied for and received her real estate license. Molly’s lungs were so strong; she has a new life and a future. She hopes to hear from us, and I hope we can meet her and have a relationship.
It’s hard for me to think of Molly’s organs being harvested. It nearly killed me to leave my baby at the hospital, on life support, and not be able to hold her every second she was on this planet. Hearing from the recipients affirms that we absolutely made the right decision.
Read 4 tweets
Oct 21, 2021
This is a special post. I put together photos of Molly on all her birthdays here on Earth. Thank you all for seeing Molly, for loving her, although most of you never met her. Molly and I are just getting started changing the world together🙏. #TEAMMOLLY #HBDMolly
These are from Molly’s first and second birthdays. Our cat, Ellie, always slept in Jon’s dresser drawer. Molly delighted in finding her there. You’ll notice a theme in all these photos - Molly thoroughly enjoyed her birthday cakes 🎂. Please indulge in something sweet today 😋.
This is three and four. I vividly remember Molly getting up and singing Twinkle Twinkle ⭐️ into the mic at her fourth birthday party. She was so earnest and sincere. Pure love radiated from her in those moments.
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(