Markets & Mayhem Profile picture
Apr 30, 2021 7 tweets 3 min read Read on X
AI/ML are in their very early stages! 🤖

As the technology progresses, it will prove to be extremely disruptive to a number of industries. The choice could become: adopt or perish.

Why does this matter? Because players like $PLTR and $AI, they stand to massively benefit.

1/X Image
AI/ML are fundamentally misunderstood and as a result massively underestimated.

By 2027 AI is expected to have a TAM worth at least $733B with a CAGR of approximately 42% from 2021 on.

That's one of the fastest growing parts of tech, or any industry for that matter!

2/X ImageImageImage
Why are AI/ML so pivotal to unlocking the value of data for businesses large and small?

Because AI/ML both provide a fundamental competitive advantage by combining streamlining of costs, with automation, and therefore greater efficiency of capital deployed for better RoI.

3/X Image
As AI/ML is a frontier technology within the fourth industrial revolution, it is exceedingly difficult for many to grasp its full potential if they themselves are not technologists with experience within this field.

That's often true with the latest innovation, though!

4/X Image
Imagine the analysts that looked at what was the Internet in 1995.

It was a dinosaur compared to what it has become since!

We can say the same of just about every technology that's progressed in that timespan: operating systems, computers, mobile devices, and broadband!

5/X Image
So let's recap. AI/ML are early stage technology w/enormous potential that is only beginning to be realized. Most don't understand it, and won't begin to care about investing in it until it's already proven itself. That's why it is a fascinating time to assess opportunities.

6/6 Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Markets & Mayhem

Markets & Mayhem Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Mayhem4Markets

Apr 24
That $META earnings call was an absolute disaster. Zuck tried to convince his investors that AI is the future, when there's no real clear path to how it makes profit.

Then he tried to tie it into the metaverse.

At that point I bet a lot of people got PTSD, because the selling accelerated further...
The company plans to keep aggressively spending on their AI initiatives. I think Zuck said AI about 100 times without really articulating a vision as to how this converts to higher revenue and earnings.

But he did make it clear that the costs would be much higher than expected..
A lot of people probably remember similar talk regarding the metaverse.

At the time it was the future, it was an area of aggressive spend, but nobody could explain how all this spending would provide a return on the investment.

I think that scared people listening to the call.
Read 4 tweets
Mar 21
Recovering from failure quickly is the most important part of finding your path to success.

Bounce back, hard. Don't let self-doubt consume you.

Instead, focus forward and carve your path.
I've always been a self-starter. One thing I learned early on is that resilience leads to growth. Both within and for our endeavors.

That temptation to give up when the odds are against us is an evolutionary impulse to avoid risk.

That impulse doesn't work in modern society.
The reality is that the biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

Which is why when we're faced with adversity, we have to rise to the occasion.

Shrinking away ensures failure.
Read 6 tweets
Dec 21, 2023
Oh boy, managed money is REALLY long US equities now. With the highest exposure since July, per NAAIM data.

Extremes in NAAIM positioning have often been decent opportunities to fade over the intermediate term (not the next 5 minutes).

I wonder, will this time be any different?Image
@TraderadeTweets It looks like a lot of hedges and short positions must have been removed as the bearish responses went from -200 (leveraged short) to 1 (flat-ish exposure). Image
@TraderadeTweets That jives well with skew data, which shows the put-to-call premium on $SPX fell rather appreciably over the last couple of days.

Which tells us there's, overall, less demand for puts vs calls.

In fact, 3M ATM $SPX puts are about the cheapest they've ever been.

Hedging time? Image
Read 9 tweets
Sep 8, 2023
"But CoreWeave came out of nowhere"

They were aggressively buying Nvidia A40 GPUs in ... August of 2021 Image
"But CoreWeave must be a scam because they grew so fast"

Ever consider perhaps that they were doing something right?

The acquisition of Conductor Technologies enabled them to scale quickly into visual effects offerings, a sizable area of cloud GPU usage. Image
"But CoreWeave doesn't even have an office"

I suppose opening another new data center, to be operational by the end of this year, doesn't count either? Image
Read 7 tweets
Jun 1, 2023
Wow! US ADP employment report came in at 278k vs forecast 170k. The prior reading was 296K. No weakness in the labor market to be seen here. twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Small and medium-sized businesses were hiring as large businesses were firing Image
Within goods, natural resources, mining, and construction expanded while we saw contraction in manufacturing jobs Image
Read 4 tweets
Jun 1, 2023
Breaking news: Debt ceiling bill passes in the House, advances to the Senate days ahead of default deadline twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The House passed the debt ceiling bill Wednesday night, days before the U.S. is projected to run out of money to pay its bills.

The Fiscal Responsibility Act is the result of a deal reached between House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and President Joe Biden.

Senate Majority Leader… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(