Ned Pyle Profile picture
May 1, 2021 20 tweets 9 min read Read on X
“Who’d like a 🧵 of adventures with my dad on Friday? We enjoyed spring in north Capitol Hill & Volunteer Park, & no bratty little sister!” ImageImage
“The sky was trying to be blue most of the time. Look at this Tudor!” ImageImage
“Even though it’s a dense neighborhood, the trees make houses seem secluded. Hi tulips!” ImageImage
Look at the details ImageImage
Friends here asked me for gargoyles, are creepy Victorian child grave statues close enough? ImageImage
“LEAFY LANES ARE BACK” ImageImage
“Someday I’m gonna be rich & build me a dog house as big as these” ImageImageImage
Really something ImageImage
“Ok enough houses let’s see some Volunteer Park! Anyone home?” ImageImage
“Ohmygoodness people, the grass is so good here”
“We walked up to the water tower! I decided to take a cute selfie” ImageImage
“There’s a path all around the tower many people miss, I’ll show you when you come visit me” ImageImage
“It gets a little windy up there!”
They drained the reservoir for maintenance. Look at the tiny people for scale! ImageImage
As always, Indy found some ducks ImageImage
“We headed home a different way & found some pretty lanes and flowers” ImageImageImage
One-off Seattle wowsers ImageImage
Proper Puget spring ImageImage
“I hope you liked my fun afternoon with me & my dad, have a great weekend!” ImageImage
“I never get invited to Darby-free Friday 😥” Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Ned Pyle

Ned Pyle Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @NerdPyle

Sep 13, 2023
IT Pros: some big SMB protocol news today. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25951 now supports:

1. SMB NTLM blocking
2. SMB server and client dialect mgmt

A short thread about what this means /1 aka.ms/wip25951
aka.ms/SmbNtlmBlock
aka.ms/SmbDialectMana…
Group policy showing NTLM blocking
SMB NTLM blocking means an admin can prevent any use of NTLM in the SMB client, effectively restricting users & apps to Kerberos. No NTLM challenge response/"hash" will go on the wire, meaning no phishing, relaying, or cracking of NTLM /2
Details: aka.ms/SmbNtlmBlock
SMB NTLM blocking differs from classic Windows (7+) NTLM blocking by implementing a new option that overrides SPNEGO negotiation on a per app/service/protocol basis. This means very flexible control for "NTLM must work here, but not here" scenarios for an org. /3
Read 6 tweets
Nov 5, 2022
“We heard all our friends need walkies pics. We’re here to deliver!” Darby and Indy pose in fron...
“Dad took us to the Arboretum because it’s in Autumn bloom & it was nearly empty!” The girls are in front of t...
“You should have some walkies of your own this weekend!” Darby on a winding trail an...
Read 12 tweets
Apr 14, 2022
CVE-2022-26809 has nothing to do with SMB, it's an RPC vuln where a variety of transports can be used, like TCP/135, SMB/445, etc.

But I want to use this opportunity to talk about good techniques to stop an attacker from abusing SMB & the future of SMB security 🧵 /1
The SMB-related CVEs from this month are relying on a user's client being tricked into talking to an evil server via remote file system. That means "block inbound at your edge firewall" likely doesn't help. The attacker doesn't need your network & risks detection using it /2
What you really want is a strategy of device & edge firewall network segmentation. Inbound, outbound, and lateral protection. Computers don't need to talk to most computers in your org or the world. For SMB, I wrote docs.microsoft.com/windows-server… (originally: techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/itops-talk-…) /3
Read 8 tweets
Apr 14, 2022
“You made it through another Wednesday, good job! Have some walkies pics to celebrate!”
“HI”
Admire the focus, the discipline, the… huge drool
Read 17 tweets
Apr 13, 2022
“Want to know how to make a Tuesday night better on twitter? Walkies pics with your pals!”
“We walked all over Madison Park today. We saw flowers, houses, rabbits, squirrels, other dogs, rocks, clouds, chicken treatos…”
“Look at the size of this water bowl! Dad says it’s putrid but we still try to drink from it!”
Read 18 tweets
Apr 12, 2022
“Hi there friends, it is Monday, the crummiest of days, & we’re here to fix it with grins & walkies!” Image
“Did you hear we’re getting a new foster sister? She’s sounds really nice, I’m gonna teach her zooms!” Image
“Are you tired of tulips? Well it’s tu bad lol!” Image
Read 12 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(