Dr.Prema lakshminarayana Profile picture
May 2, 2021 18 tweets 7 min read Read on X
Hindus have always given importance to flora & fauna.
Nence you see temples with different sthala vriksha
deities with vahana of animals & birds ,which are also worshipped buy us .
History of some temples tell us about worship by animas ,insects ,any creature from animal kingdom Image
சிவபெருமானை, புலி வழிபட்ட தலம், திருப்புலி வனம்
காஞ்சிபுரம்-உத்திரமேரூர் சாலையில் உள்ள இந்த திருத்தலத்தில் திருப்புலிவனமுடையார் என்ற பெயரில் இறைவன் அருள்கிறார்
சாபத்தால் புலியாக மாறிய முனிவர், இங்கு இறைவனை வழிபட்டிருக்கிறார். Image
சிவபெருமானை, பசு வழிபட்ட தலங்கள் ஏராளம் உள்ளன. அவற்றில் ஒன்று சங்கரன்கோவில். திருநெல்வேலி அருகில் உள்ள இந்த திருத்தலத்தில் தேவர்கள் சூழ, இறைவனை அம்பாள் வழிபாடு செய்திருக்கிறாள். ‘கோ’ என்பதற்கு ‘பசு’ என்று பொருள். எனவே பசு வழிபட்ட இந்த ஆலயத்தில் உள்ள இறைவி ‘கோமதி’ என்று பெயர் Image
சிலந்தி மற்றும் யானை சிவபெருமானை வழிபட்ட தலம், திருவானைக்காவல். திருச்சியில் காவிரி ஆற்றுக்கும் - கொள்ளிடத்திற்கும் இடையில் அமைந்துள்ள தலம் இது. இங்கு சிவலிங்கம் கூரையில்லாமல் வெயில், மழையில் இருந்தது. சிவலிங்கத்தின் மேல் வலை பின்னிய சிலந்தி, அதன் மூலம் வெயில், மழை, மரத்தின் Image
சருகுகள் சிவலிங்கத்தில் விழாமல் தடுத்தது. யானை தன் துதிக்கை மூலம் காவிரி ஆற்றில் நீரும், பூவும் கொண்டுவந்து வழிபட்டது. யானை, சிலந்தி பின்னிய வலையை அழித்துவிட்டு செல்லும். சிலந்தி மீண்டும் வலை பின்னி வழிபாட்டை தொடரும்.
யானையை தண்டிக்க எண்ணிய சிலந்தி, அதன் துதிக்கையில் நுழைய Image
இரண்டும் மடிந்தன. இவைகளின் பக்திக்கு மெச்சிய சிவன், யானையை சிவகணங்களுக்கு தலைவனாக ஆக்கினார். சிலந்தி மறுபிறவியில் கோட்செங்கட் சோழன் என்ற அரசனாக பிறந்தார். Image
எறும்புகள் சிவபெருமானை வழிபட்ட தலம், திருவெறும்பூர். அசுரனிடம் இருந்து தங்களை காப்பாற்ற தேவர்கள் எறும்பு வடிவம் எடுத்து சிவபெருமானை வழிபட்ட தலம். திருச்சி மாவட்டம், திருவெறும்பூரில் உள்ள எறும்பீஸ்வரர் கோவிலில் உள்ள பிரசாதத்தை எறும்புகள் எடுத்துக்கொள்வதை இன்றும் காணலாம். Image
ஈ வடிவில் அகத்திய முனிவர், சிவனை வழிபட்ட தலம் , திருஈங்கோய்மலை.
திருச்சி மாவட்டம், தொட்டியம்- முசிறி செல்லும் வழியில் இந்த திருத்தலம் இருக்கிறது.

பாம்புகள் சிவபெருமானை வழிபட்ட தலம் திருப்பாம்புரம். திருவாரூர் மாவட்டத்தில் உள்ள இத்தலத்து சிவனை ஆதிசேஷன் என்ற பாம்பு வழிபட்டுள்ளது. ImageImage
அணில் குரங்கு காகம் ஆகிய மூன்று ஈசனை வழிபட்ட தலம் ‘குரங்கணில்மூட்டம்.’ சாபத்தால் காகமாக மாறிய எமனும், அணிலாக மாறிய இந்திரனும், குரங்காக மாறிய வாலியும், இங்குள்ள சிவனை வழிபட்டிருக்கிறார்கள். இத்தலம் காஞ்சிபுரம் அடுத்த மாமண்டூர் என்னும் இடத்தில் உள்ளது. Image
மயில், சிவபெருமானை வழிபட்ட தலம் மயிலாடுதுறை. சாபத்தால் மயிலாக மாறிய அம்பிகை, சிவனை வழிபட்டதாக தல வரலாறு சொல்கிறது.

கழுகு, சிவபெருமானை வழிபட்ட தலம் திருக்கழுக்குன்றம். நான்கு யுகங்களிலும் நான்கு பெயர்களில் கழுகுகள் சிவபெருமானை பூஜித்து வருவதாக சொல்லப்படுகிறது. ImageImage
வண்டு சிவபெருமானை பூஜித்த தலம் திருவண்டுதுறை
திருவாரூர் மாவட்டம், திருவண்டுதுறையில் பிருங்கி முனிவர் வண்டு வடிவில் சிவனை பூஜித்தார்
இன்றும் இந்த கோவிலின் கருவறையில் வண்டுகளின் ரீங்கார ஒலியை கேட்க முடியும். ImageImage
நண்டு சிவபெருமானை வழிபட்ட தலம், திருந்துதேவன்குடி
சாபத்தால் நண்டாக மாறிய இந்திரன், இத்தல சிவனை பூஜித்து பேறு பெற்றான். இத்தலம் கும்பகோணம் அருகே உள்ளது. ImageImage
சக்கரவாகப் பறவை, சிவபெருமானை பூஜித்த தலம் திருச்சக்கராப்பள்ளி. தஞ்சாவூர் மாவட்டம், திருச்சக்கராப்பள்ளி எனும் ஊரில் அமைந்துள்ள கோவில் இது. Image
யானை, சிவனை பூஜித்த தலம், திருக்கொட்டாரம். துர்வாச முனிவரால் சாபம் பெற்ற ஐராவதம் இங்குள்ள சிவபெருமானை வழிபட்டு பேறு பெற்றது. ImageImage
ஆமை, சிவபெருமானை பூஜித்த தலம் திருக்கச்சூர். இங்குள்ள சிவனை வழிபட்டுதான், மந்தார மலையை தாங்கும் சக்தியை திருமால் பெற்றதாக தல வரலாறு சொல்கிறது. ImageImage
கிளி வழிபட்ட தலம், சேலத்தில் உள்ள சுகவனேஸ்வரர் கோவில். கிளியாக மாறிய சுக முனிவர் வழிபட்ட சிவ பெருமான் இங்கு வீற்றிருந்து அருள்கிறார். Image
வாலியும், இங்குள்ள சிவனை (தயா நிதீஸ்வரர் )வழிபட்டிருக்கிறார்.

சிட்டுக்குருவி சிவனை பூஜித்த தலம், வட குரங்காடுதுறை.
தன்னை வழிபட்ட சிட்டுக்குருவிக்கு மோட்சம் அளித்துள்ளார் இத்தல ஈசன். அதனால் சிட்டிலிங்கேஸ்வரர் என்றும் இறைவன் அழைக்கப்படுகிறார். ImageImage
Hara Hara Mahadev
Om Namah SHIVAYA
🙏🙏🙏 Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Dr.Prema lakshminarayana

Dr.Prema lakshminarayana Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @GEEMS71

May 4
*The first visit of the Saint (Shankaracharya) to the Rastrapati Bhavan.*
Since President, Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to accord due honour to the Saint, he called me (I was ADC to the President) to his office and asked me about the traditional protocol.
I told him, "I will receive Image
the Saint at the gates of the Rastrapati Bhavan and bring him inside"
After few minutes of deep thought, he asked me - "What will happen if  I receive him ?'
I said, "Sir, you will place the Saint's honour above that of the President.  He smiled."
He didn't say anything.  Then inside the office, I briefed him, "Sir, I will bring him here, place his seat on this sofa and request him to sit and the President will continue sitting on his usual sofa chair."

He again asked me a second time, "What will happen if I make him
Read 10 tweets
Mar 23
*THE UPPER COURT*
Few years ago, when Justice Ranga Nath Mishra was the Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India, was invited as the Chief guest to the Law College of Puri, Odisha. On the particular day before going for the college function he went to Jagannath temple, Puri Image
Had Darshan of Lord Jagannath -while returning he heard near the Lions gate  someone is calling his name " Ranganath Babu " several times. He was astonished as to who can call him like this in a loud voice, that too near the temple entrance & whether it's for him or someone else! Image
In a dilemma he looked back & saw one begar Leprosy patient,with wounds through out his body & bandage in his hands & legs calling him
Justice Mishra asked him who are you & why are you calling me. Then the the Leprosy patient told him, "Sir, you don't remember me ? Image
Read 9 tweets
Jan 12
Sri Seetha Ramachandra Moorthy in Garbhagriha , Ayodhya was painted by my father, Artist Silpi in 1966. This deity was inside Babri masjid mosque
As per court order Hindus were allowed to worship Image
this deity inside the mosque
Divine Artist Silpi went to Ayodhya in the year 1966 and painted this Deity in watercolour. Over 30 days, Artist Silpi sat in front of the deity and painted without adding a bit of his imagination. What you see is the exact
reproduction of the Lord Seetha Ramachandra Moorthy of Ayodhya on canvas. You can notice Silpi's signature at the bottom right side of the painting.
Till 1985, this Garbhagriha was inside Babri masjid, then the Deities were shifted to Kanak Bhavan Temple Garbhagriha
Read 5 tweets
Aug 7, 2023
PR Ramachander:
I am an 81-year-old retired scientist from Kerala and settled in Bangalore. I am an expert in Sanskrit, Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi and have working knowledge of Kannada and Telugu.
On the day of retirement, I decided that I will engage myself in translation of
Hindu stotras written in all these languages into English. I have so far translated 2000 stotras written in four languages. I have translated three Ramayanas (Valmiki , Kamba and Adhyathma), 21 Upanishads, Gita, Devi Mahatmyam, Narayaneeyam, Jnanapana, Krishna Karnamrutham
21 Vedic Sukthas, including Chamakam, Rudram and 65 out of 80 known Stotra compositions of Adhi Sankara.
I also wanted to preserve Carnatic Krithis in English and I have translated 1950 Krithis, which include all known Krithis of Thyagaraja, about 100 Krithis each of
Read 4 tweets
Jun 25, 2023
Congress leader Rajeev Shukla said that America would never have invited Narendra Modi
"if"
he was not the Prime Minister!
Honorable Shukla ji and Congressmen, now
"if"

1) If Rahul Gandhi was not Sonia's son, today he would have been a peon in some office...!!*😂😂
2) If Sonia was not Rajiv's wife
she would have been a retired bar of some European bar...!!😂

3) If Rajiv was not the son of Indira Gandhi, he would have spent his days as a "pilot"*😂

4 If Indira Gandhi was not Nehru's daughter she would have been another lady ?
*5) If Gandhi-Nehru along with Jinnah had not betrayed the people of India in the greed of power, today united India would have been one..!!
6)
“If”
Nehru had not become Prime Minister in place of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel by dishonesty,
Read 17 tweets
Jun 7, 2023
#27கோரமாண்டல்எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் விபத்து
பற்றி விசனப்பட்டதைவிட காரண
காரியம் ஆராய்ந்து அலசி யாரைத்
துவைத்துத்தொங்கவிடலாம் என்று
பலர் அறிக்கை விடுவதுதான்ஜாஸ்தி

இனி நல்ல விஷயங்கள் இந்த
நான்கு ஹீரோக்களைப்பறறி

இவர்கள் யாருமே---
செல்லுலாய்ட்  ஹீரோக்கள் அல்ல.
சொக்கத்தங்கஹீரோக்கள். ImageImage
முதலாமவர் NDRF எனும் தேசிய
பேரிடர்மீட்புப்படையில் பணிபுரியும்
வெங்கடேஷ்  எனும் வீரர்.இவர் 12
நாட்கள் விடுப்பு எடுத்துக்கொண்டு
B-7 மூன்றாம் வகுப்பு A.Cபெட்டியில்
பயணம் செய்துள்ளார்.இவர் பயணம்
செய்த பெட்டி தடம் புரண்டாலும் மற்ற
பெட்டிகளுடன் மோதவில்லை. Image
உடனே தான் பணியாற்றும் கல்கத்தா
பட்டாலியன் இன்ஸ்பெக்டருக்குத்
தகவல் கொடுத்திருக்கிறார்.அடுத்து
NDRF கட்டுப்பாட்டு அறைக்கு விபத்து
பற்றிய தகவல்கள்,படங்கள் மற்றும்
இருக்கும் இடம் பற்றி WHATSAPP
மூலம் அனுப்பிவிட்டார்.
இதன்அடிப்படையில் NDRFன் முதல் குழு உடனடியாகப்புறப்பட்டு Image
Read 10 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(