kViN 🌈🕒 Profile picture
May 2, 2021 10 tweets 7 min read Read on X
The gag gets objectively funnier with every second where you can watch/hear them be a mild annoyance with the ball. I'd watch a whole episode of asshole sea creatures volleyball. I might watch a whole show of asshole sea creatures volleyball
Big fan of NatsuNatsu consistently looking dumb with those in the background as they're getting beaten up
And finally, the English language is no more, this is a victory for all of humanity
Tropical Rouge's hilarious details aside, this was an important episode in Laura's arc, forcing her to make sacrifices for others

Though again, funny as hell that the Precure are getting pummeled to death and her sacrifice given equal gravitas is "swim a bit in stinky water"
Ueno episode and that means predictably great character art. This man is a machine that dispenses funny drawings
And it's not just funny faces, his variable lineweight can also highlight determination, pain, relief, you name it
Ueno redrew essentially every shot with drained NatsuNatsu, which are a great example of his range because they start all goofy but end up being a lot more nuanced expressions of someone whose soul's been removed still trying to stand up for her friends

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with kViN 🌈🕒

kViN 🌈🕒 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Yuyucow

Apr 2, 2023
Been really looking forward to the Tengoku Daimakyou adaptation - out of excitement due to its interesting high-profile team, but also because I was curious how they'd navigate such a tricky series to adapt. So far, the anime's qualities far outweigh the compromises. Great start!
TDM is a dense series with maniacal foreshadowing, but at the same time a breezy and comfortably paced read. The manga balances the page-turner side with laid-back postapocalyptic adventures very well, and with just 1 cours for this long arc, the anime has to shift the approach
That makes me appreciate the involved series composition over just speeding through the manga as it was. The way they're finding new points to connect the two storylines & coming up with very effective cliffhangers of their own tells me they do get (at least part of) the appeal
Read 13 tweets
Feb 5, 2023
Vibrant start to Hirogaru Sky Precure, one of the most energetic intros in the franchise at a time when you can't take that for granted. Wealth of amusing scenarios, witty irreverent script, and a bunch of neat animation that culminates in this cool & loosely expressive setpiece
Brought to mind Ryunosuke Kingetsu's older anime works, when he came up with many off-kilter worlds where surreal nonsense passes as their own normality - hope his wild ideas don't clash too much with Precure's rigid formula. For now they're letting him be a nasty freak, lol
I think the series has the right ingredients for the staff to offer genuinely diverse scenarios weekly, like how Sora is a parkour master so they'd be able to have her solve issues without her Precure powers. Pls let them have fun, o merch overlords
Read 9 tweets
Dec 21, 2022
The stunning Yama no Susume Next Summit finale explains the unusual structural choices they made. Early recaps even at the cost of runtime, switching to full eps at the end, all for the sake of the conquest of the mountain Aoi painfully lost to *8 years ago*. Now, sweet revenge
The scenery alone is enough to move you to the core if you've been watching this far - for what it signifies, and because it makes it easier to tell that they put everything they had into this. Their own experiences, their own photos, carefully tweaked to fit YamaSusu's worldview
Read 12 tweets
Nov 29, 2022
Yama no Susume (Mama no Susume?) NS #09-B was led by the opening team of Irei Eri direction x Yusei Koumoto supervision. The former's processing is the show at its prettiest & the latter offers the most lavish art, so it's no wonder they got called *2 years later* to make the OP ImageImageImageImage
Hinata's view of Aoi's back as they climb brings to mind all the POV shots in that sequence. Irei's camera's movement emulates the eye so in this case it's got rhythmic swaying, while in the OP there's a wider variety with appropriate tracking, more stationary takes, etc
The most impressive aspect has to be the animation direction. There are many valid approaches to YamaSusu's design work and the show embraces that, but this is the most fully-realized one, obscenely detailed and still not compromising the usual expressiveness. Sasuga Yusei....... ImageImageImageImage
Read 12 tweets
Nov 29, 2022
A month ago, Yuki Kamiya / uki directed his first Chainsaw Man ending sequence so I pointed out how much he loves the orange & blue contrast

You're not going to believe who directed this week's ending
Beautiful sequence regardless, a bit of an alternative retelling of the relationship the episode is all about. The looming Makima eye in their moment of intimacy got me good
She
Read 4 tweets
Nov 28, 2022
Checked credits to see which of KyoAni's new hires are already officially part of their productions, and which department they're in for that matter

Yuri Taniguchi, Mizuho Masaki, Kou Tsunashima, and Haruka Sato are all doing animation at the studio, as in-betweeners for now
Ayaho (?) Harashima was credited as an in-betweener in the Tsurune movie as well. No surprise in her case since it's not even a new role and her extravagant training arc as an animator is well-documented. High expectations for her career
Sou (?) Nojiri was also credited as in-betweener. Missed the chance to watch the student film he had a huge hand in, but the animatics are around and his public art is very analog so I feel he might've worked on the fun sequences where you can see traditional layouts in the back
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(