Frank Chaparro Profile picture
May 3, 2021 5 tweets 2 min read Read on X
In honor of Ether hitting an all-time-high above $3,000, I am sharing some bullish stats and charts about the second-largest cryptocurrency from The Block's data dashboard.

First off: Transactions on the Ethereum Network hit an all-time-high last month of 41.7 million. Image
Looking to the derivatives world, open interest across ether options markets has soared this year.

At last check OI stood at $4.1 billion — up from under $800 million at the beginning of 2020. Image
Looking at futures, CME's ether futures market - which kicked off in February - grew from $68m in open interest on March 1 to $373 million in OI on May 1

Aggregate open interest across Ethereum futures recently hit an all-time high of $8.6bn Image
On the DeFi front, DEXes are seeing their trading volumes as a percentage of centralized exchanges surge once again.

At last check, DEXes were seeing more than 15% of total centralized exchange spot trading volumes

In April, DEXes facilitated $14.5bn in traded volumes. Image
This is one of the coolest charts in my opinion:

Gross value locked across Ethereum-based DeFi now stands at nearly $78 billion

Just one year ago (May 2 2020) that number sat around $700 million.

100x increase. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Frank Chaparro

Frank Chaparro Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @fintechfrank

Dec 22, 2022
"In addition to receiving cash deposits directly from FTX customers, Alameda benefited from undisclosed features of the FTX platform, which were embedded in software code developed by Wang and other FTX engineers, and which allowed Alameda to divert FTX customer assets."
1) Negative Balance: "Alameda was able to maintain a negative balance in its customer account at FTX."
2) Line of Credit: "On multiple occasions, Bankman-Fried directed FTX engineers, including Wang, to increase the amount by which Alameda could maintain a negative balance in its account."
Read 4 tweets
Dec 9, 2022
1) I'm absolutely gutted by this news, which was briefed to the company this afternoon.

Underpinning my shock are feelings of utter disgust and betrayal by Mike’s actions, greed, lack of disclosure. He's literal scum. He kept every single one of us in the dark.
2) I put my trust in him to run The Block as an independent media entity as CEO and majority shareholder — and was misled. This is really painful because I’ve put many years into shaping The Block into what it is today. I also thought of him as a friend.
3) Had I known about this, I would have not only called it out and disputed his actions, but called for an immediate change in leadership. Putting aside the FTX meltdown, there is no excuse for his deception and disregard for the 160 people who work at The Block.
Read 6 tweets
Nov 15, 2022
We literally took every single claim that Su brought to us and wrote a story in 2019 about the issues of conflicts of interest.
So much of this is more better understood with hindsight but in 2019 the space was shadowy and cut throat and it wasn’t clear if Su — a heavy investor in LEO — was trying to tarnish the reputation of a competitor. But we took the claims seriously nevertheless
Also I find this screen shot hilarious because I’m literally asking for proof that the FTT raise was to cover a hole in FTX’s balance sheet and they’re like “no” “impossible to prove”
Read 4 tweets
Nov 14, 2022
Larry Cermak after finding out FTX withdrawals closed
Wouldn’t be surprised if this is a hack
Read 4 tweets
Nov 13, 2022
HOLY SHIT Vikings
Stunning stunning finish
30 seconds
Read 4 tweets
Nov 12, 2022
SCOOP: Alameda promised 'high returns with no risk' in 2018 pitch

“This is a flashing red-flag for investigators" ~ @TylerGellasch

theblock.co/post/186187/al…
In a Telegram group chat at the time, Bankman-Fried walked back on certain sections of the deck, noting that the deck was thrown together quickly.

"Saying no risk was a fuckup, we should not have put that in our deck"
Deck
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(