Jen Fifield Profile picture
May 5, 2021 7 tweets 3 min read Read on X
NEW: One of the largest looming questions around Arizona's election audit is who all is involved --- and how they got involved.

We are starting to connect the dots.

Here's my story w/ @andrewoxford, for subscribers only.

And THREAD ...
azcentral.com/story/news/pol…
1. Doug Logan.

CEO of Cyber Ninjas, firm running the audit. A little history. (He says his bias doesn't matter because he won't be touching the ballots)
2. John Brakey.

A Tucson guy who says he is trying to make this audit fair and transparent by getting a seat at the table.
3. Gene Kern.

Leader of Wake Technology, the firm running the hand count. We learned more about him.

(Including Anthony Kern says Gene is unrelated)
4. Bobby Piton.

A financial adviser who claimed in November he had found voter fraud in Arizona data says he is currently reviewing Arizona voter information. We tried to nail down his actual involvement.
This story outlines more about what we know about the players involved in the Arizona election audit.

If you're not a subscriber, click the story for a $1/6 mo deal. Consider it to support our ongoing work on this. azcentral.com/story/news/pol…
Final thought: As part of working on this story I reached out to @BarnettforAZ because an earlier tweet of his made me wonder if he was getting some insider info on the early results of the audit. He clarified that he is not.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jen Fifield

Jen Fifield Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JenAFifield

Jun 27
On Walter Ringfield Jr., arrested for stealing the election security key.

- He was not a Senate employee/was not interning for a certain Senator that he told a security guard he was there to see, according to Dem Senate spokesperson. That senator says he does not know him.

- He WAS the same person who filed a statement of interest to run for Senate as a Democrat, even though he was not qualified and registered unaffiliated. Earlier info from Recorder was incorrect.

- He was registered Democrat for a week back in Sept. 2016, otherwise unaffiliated.
- DPS said yesterday to check back today about an update as to their investigation.

- He had a status conference at 8:30 today in Maricopa court. An evidentiary hearing is scheduled for tomorrow.
Read 5 tweets
Aug 30, 2023
You may have seen my post Monday about the Iowa man sentenced to prison for threatening two AZ election officials.

That man will stick with me for a while. His story gave me a deep understanding of how we ALL got here (& where we are going).

So I want to tell you, too🧵
First, though, please read this about his victims.

Maricopa County Supervisors Chairman Clint Hickman told the judge an emotional story about what the threats have done to him and his family.

Most important to me was capturing all of that, here: arizona.votebeat.org/2023/8/29/2385…
Now onto Mark Rissi, the Iowa man.

[(filing) means I got it from a court filing, (judge) means he/his lawyer told it to the judge. I’ll try to make this as quick I can.]

Weeks before he first threatened Hickman, he was with his mom in hospice… (judge)
Read 10 tweets
Jul 28, 2023
Still seeing claims that the main cause of Election Day problems in Maricopa County was shrunken ballot images (some claiming the county did this purposefully).

Once again, that is not possible..
Why? It takes a bit to explain so follow me. Ballot tabulators (the machines that scan your ballots to count your votes) are very sensitive. Even errant marks cause the tabulators to be rejected.

The image has to be perfect on the page for the tabulator to read it...
The solid rectangles on the sides of the ballot that tell the tabulators where the bubbles are for the contests so they can know what candidate you chose. If those marks are not in the precise location, straight on the paper, the tabulator rejects it. Image
Read 10 tweets
Jul 27, 2023
There's a dispute that's been happening behind the scenes about Maricopa County's Election Day problems that I've been watching unfold for months.

Now that I have all sides of the story, I'm ready to tell it. 👇👇👇
Maricopa County has maintained that there was nothing that should have signaled some of its ballot printers would fail on Election Day in Nov, causing widespread problems.

But the company that made the printers say the risk was clear.

A 🧵, and story: arizona.votebeat.org/2023/7/27/2381…
🚨CAUTION: This thread is only for people who really want to go DEEP, like... into printer manuals.

Let's go back to Nov. I was looking into what happened & found this in printer manual:

"For duplex printing: Paper weight 60 to 120 g/m2"

That's up to 80 lb. County's was 100 lb Image
Read 10 tweets
May 17, 2023
Watch the Kari Lake trial, starting here, search "Lake" or "Hobbs" and click on the eyeball.

superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/calendar/today/

Here's what you need to know about why this is happening: arizona.votebeat.org/2023/5/17/2372…
Lake's attorney is giving opening. He doubles down on claim that the county workers didn't verify voter signatures on mail-in ballots at all.

Showing a video he says shows worker moving too quickly to check sigs - but in doing that is acknowledging that this activity happened.
Lake's attorney is emphasizing that workers had in-depth training on how to verify signatures. But "simply clicking through the computer screen like a woodpecker" isn't verifying signatures.

But will judge consider HOW it was done? He asked them to prove they didn't do it AT ALL
Read 16 tweets
May 16, 2023
Kari Lake is granted trial, starting Wednesday.

Her claim, according to the judge, is that the higher-level employees reviewing voter signatures on mail-in ballots conducted no signature verification at all. He tells her to prove it with evidence & prove she lost because of it. Image
Her briefings so far have acknowledged that hundreds of ballots were rejected for bad signatures.

The number of early ballots rejected for “bad” voter signatures more than doubled for the midterm, my analysis here found: arizona.votebeat.org/2023/3/30/2366…
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(