Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️ Profile picture
May 8, 2021 13 tweets 7 min read Read on X
SCOOP: The Walt Disney Corporation claims that America was founded on “systemic racism,” encourages employees to complete a “white privilege checklist,” and separates minorities into racially-segregated “affinity groups.”

I've obtained internal documents that will shock you.🧵
According to a trove of whistleblower materials, Disney has launched a “diversity and inclusion” program, called “Reimagine Tomorrow,” which includes trainings on “systemic racism,” “white privilege,” “white fragility,” “white saviors,” “microaggressions,” and “antiracism.”
Disney claims that America has a “long history of systemic racism and transphobia” and tells employees they must “take ownership of educating yourself about structural anti-Black racism” and “not rely on your Black colleagues to educate you,” which is “emotionally taxing.”
White employees are told to “work through feelings of guilt, shame, and defensiveness to understand what is beneath them and what needs to be healed.” They must “listen with empathy [to] Black colleagues” and “not question or debate Black colleagues’ lived experience.”
Disney tells employees they should reject “equality,” or “equal treatment,” and instead strive for “equity,” or “the equality of outcome.” They must “reflect” on America’s “racist infrastructure” and “think carefully about whether or not [their] wealth” is derived from racism.
Disney sponsored the creation of a “21-Day Racial Equity and Social Justice Challenge” and recommended it to employees. The challenge begins with a lesson on “systemic racism” and tells participants they have “all been raised in a society that elevates white culture over others.”
Next, participants are asked to complete a “white privilege checklist”: “I am white,” I am heterosexual,” “I am a man,” “I still identity as the gender I was born in,” “I have never been raped,” “I don’t rely on public transportation,” and “I have never been called a terrorist.”
Finally, participants are told they must “pivot” from “white dominant culture” to “something different.” The document claims that “competition,” “individualism,” “timeliness,” and “comprehensiveness” are “white dominant” values that “perpetuate white supremacy culture.”
Disney recommends that employees read a how-to guide called “75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice.” The article tells readers to “defund the police,” “participate in reparations,” “decolonize your bookshelf,” and “find and join a local ‘white space.’”
Finally, Disney has launched racially-segregated “affinity groups” for minority employees, with the goal of achieving “culturally-authentic insights.” The Latino group was named “Hola,” the Asian group was named “Compass,” and the black group was named “Wakanda.”
Here's the full story in City Journal.
city-journal.org/racial-politic…
P.S. I'm working on an investigative reporting series on "woke capital." If you'd like to support this work, please consider making a $5 or $10 monthly contribution here. 🙏
christopherrufo.com/support
P.P.S. The original source documents about Disney's "antiracism" training are available here.
christopherrufo.com/the-wokest-pla…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️

Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @realchrisrufo

Apr 30
Law enforcement should make it clear to university presidents that, if they are unwilling to expel violent protestors, they cannot expect the police to serve as a foil and do the clean-up work. The universities made this mess; we should not allow them to shift the responsibility.
The best approach for law enforcement is to create containment zones, prevent violence, ignore provocations, and avoid displays of highly public enforcement, which allow the pro-Hamas demonstrators to play the victim. Hold the line; let the universities deal with it.
The other approach, which the feds successfully used in Portland during George Floyd, is to identify ringleaders who are engaged in illegal activity and do nighttime snatch-and-grabs. This avoids the spectacle of mass confrontation and removes the most significant threats.
Read 5 tweets
Apr 30
The key is to lock in the circle of connotations around the Ivy League. They stacked faculties with “decolonization” scholars, recruited left-wing student activists, and hired sympathetic administrators. We need to drive internal conflicts and connect all of the dots in public.
The second step is to remind voters that they are subsidizing these ideologies, and, more importantly, these people, through direct federal support, student loans, and Biden’s debt payoff scheme (don’t call it “debt forgiveness”). Call to action should be “defund the Ivy League.”
It’s important to remember that we should not throw Ivy League administrators a lifeline. The Right should be careful not to overreact; the best approach is to remain quiet and let the Left tear itself apart. The longer the encampments stay, the more the Left will fracture.
Read 4 tweets
Apr 22
EXCLUSIVE: @LukeRosiak and I have discovered that the DEI director of UCLA Medical School, Natalie J. Perry, plagiarized multiple long passages in her PhD dissertation, which is her only published academic work.

The plagiarism here is shocking. 🧵
UCLA Med School has been in the news recently for promoting ideology about "Indigenous womxn," "two-spirits," and "structural racism." A guest speaker praised and two residents championed "revolutionary suicide."

The DEI director, who advances "anti-racism," is Natalie Perry. Image
But according to our exclusive analysis, Perry's career is predicated on academic fraud. Her PhD dissertation plagiarized material from ten other papers, which she did not attribute or put in quotations. The examples are brazen:

Read 6 tweets
Apr 10
EXCLUSIVE: Federal Reserve governor Lisa Cook is one of the most powerful economists in the world. But @LukeRosiak and I have discovered that her academic work appears to contain plagiarism, according to her former university’s policy.

The plagiarism scandal hits the Fed. 🧵
There have long been questions about Cook’s academic work. Her publication history is quite thin, contains serious methodological errors, and largely focuses on race activism rather than rigorous, quantitative econ. She had trouble getting approved by the Senate.
We have found that, in a series of academic papers spanning more than a decade, Cook appears to have copied language from other scholars without proper quotation and duplicated her own work and that of coauthors in multiple academic journals, without proper attribution.
Read 8 tweets
Apr 1
Absolutely, I will share ten stories with original source documentation proving that this is, in fact, how many, if not most, Fortune 100 companies consider DEI.

Buckle up for the woke capital thread of thread. 🧵
Read 12 tweets
Mar 20
EXCLUSIVE: Harvard racial-studies professor @ChristinaJCross plagiarized multiple passages in her dissertation and at least one other paper, according to a new complaint filed with Harvard’s research integrity office.

Harvard's plagiarism crisis is spinning out of control. 🧵
Christina Cross is a rising star in the field of critical race studies. She earned a Ph.D. from the University of Michigan, garnered attention from the New York Times, and won a slate of awards for her dissertation, including one from the American Sociological Association.
The most serious allegation in the complaint is that Cross lifted an entire paragraph nearly verbatim from a paper by Stacey Bosick and Paula Fomby—the latter of whom was her dissertation advisor—without citing the source or placing verbatim language in quotations.
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(