Joyce Alene Profile picture
May 10, 2021 5 tweets 2 min read Read on X
1/ We have a broody hen named Pepper (that means she wants to sit on eggs & hatch them, even if they aren’t her own) so I ordered her some fertile eggs since we don’t have a rooster & I feel bad taking eggs from her every day.
2/ This is what she did with the first egg I put in with her
3/ So I put all of the eggs in the nesting box with her
4/ Meantime, the other chickens were all running around playing the mud because it rained overnight.
5/ When I checked back in, she had all kind of helpers. I’m dubious about the prospects she’ll actually hatch chicks, but I wanted to give her a shot at it.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Joyce Alene

Joyce Alene Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JoyceWhiteVance

May 3
1/ One tactical hurdle lawyers deal with at trial is that they can't explain the significance of the testimony they’re eliciting while questioning witnesses. The lawyers can't testify, only witnesses. So there’s no introduction where the lawyer can tell the jury why they’re calling a witness & how their testimony helps.
2/ The lawyers put the pieces of the puzzle together for jurors in closing argument. While they’re taking testimony, they’re noting key points from each witness that they’ll focus on when they argue their case.
3/ This case is based on circumstantial evidence. There won't be direct testimony that Trump told anyone to conceal the crime with false business records. Prosecutors build proof by layering many different pieces of evidence together, so there is no reasonable doubt.
Read 4 tweets
Apr 30
1/ In court this morning Judge Merchan says Trump can attend his son's graduation and then slaps him with fines for contempt on 9 of 10 violations prosecutors alleged.
2/ This casts Thursday's hearing on additional violations by Trump in a whole new light.
3/ Here is the Judge's order, which lays out his reasoning nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/pre…
Read 9 tweets
Apr 22
1/Opening statements explained: "The trial will start with opening statements from the lawyers. They are not permitted to argue their evidence at this point. Opening statements are for telling the jury what each side expects the evidence will show" open.substack.com/pub/joycevance…
2/Trump’s lawyers will have their work cut out for them as their demanding audience of one meets the rules & strictures of behavior in court. They won’t be able to make some of Trump’s wild arguments, both b/c they run afoul of what the rules permit AND very importantly..
3/because of one of the most important rules in a trial: if you promise the jury something, you’d better be able to deliver on it! If you promise the jury certain evidence or that the people will fail to prove a point, you can count on jurors to take note and remember it.
Read 4 tweets
Apr 6
1/This is an utterly astonishing message for a candidate for the presidency to embrace. And, just a clue, it's not about virtues.

It starts with a command-even if you can't stand Trump, you must get behind him.

Has any candidate ever run like that? It gets worse.
2/GOP voters shouldn't care if he's a conservative, a role model for children, or modest & dignified--I suppose that's a good message because Trump is none of the things quite obviously.

The tone & pacing of the video carries an echo of WWII fascism that makes me feel queasy.
3/The important message Trump endorses about himself? "He knows we're in a war" & "he know how to win."

Who is the enemy? It's us. You & me. It's Democrats. It's anyone who doesn't support Trump, anyone who is other. Believe him when he tells us who he is before it's too late.
Read 4 tweets
Apr 4
1/Judge Cannon has just denied Trump's motion to dismiss the classified documents case in Florida. Trump had argued the Presidential Records Act gave him the ability to designate classified material as personal records, shielding him from prosecution under the Espionage Act. Image
2/ In what looks, at least at first glance, like an effort at saving face, Judge Cannon also vigorously denies what she characterizes as the Special Counsel's request for a final decision on jury instructions. Image
3/The Judge's characterization of what Special Counsel asked for is incorrect. He wanted a ruling on the Presidential Records Act motion, the ruling she has now delivered. And she ruled in his favor.
Read 9 tweets
Apr 3
Judge Cannon ducked ruling on Trump's motion to dismiss the classified documents case based on the Presidential Records Act, instead asking lawyers to submit jury instructions assuming it did. Special Counsel's Office isn't buying it. Image
2/That's because if the Judge doesn't rule ahead of trial she can dismiss the prosecution during trial & in that posture the government can't appeal because of double jeopardy. So it was clear they would have to force her hand at this point.
3/It's unusual for fed'l prosecutors to be this aggressive with a judge & well warranted here. She left them with no other choice.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(