Calle Profile picture
May 20, 2021 32 tweets 10 min read Read on X
Group C analysis in EURO 2021 (Thread) #EuroFantasy

Ukraine 🇺🇦
Netherlands 🇳🇱
Austria 🇦🇹
North Macedonia 🇲🇰

Time to look at all the teams in Group C which is what maybe looks like the worst group on paper. General info, predicted lineups and which fantasy assets to select ⤵️
UKRAINE - @FPLUkraine

General info:
As you may know, our head coach is Shevchenko, his assistant is Tassotti. Milan's former great defender. That's why we are pretty good defensively. Our weak point is a lack of great forwards, those we have are unstable and not in good form.
Formation: 4-3-3
Underpriced:

At 4.5, Mykolenko is a defender who is a hard worker, and a box-to-box runner during all the match. he can be a nice cheap asset if you need and by looking at our group I think there will be clean sheets around.
Overpriced:

Yarmolenko at 8.5 is overpriced in my opinion since I’m not convinced he starts and has been struggling all season long to get into that West Ham team. For 8.5 you can get safer and better options.
Recommendation:

I've just noticed that Zinchenko is listed as a defender. I'm almost sure he will play in midfield and we have an out-of-position player. So he is going straight into my team. Would also want to make a shout for Malinovskyi who is our talisman. Had a great...
season in Atalanta and I think will be on penalties as well. 7.0 is not cheap, but for a player that takes all of our set pieces and corners, this price sounds reasonable.
Prediction:

Realistic expectations are to qualify from the group easily and then to try to get into the quarter finals because of our solid defense. It’s the lack of attacking capability that will limit us.
NETHERLANDS - @pig_fpl 🎵

General info:
The Netherlands qualified for the EUROs pretty comfortably under former manager Koeman but since then the results have very much seen a decline. Ever since de Boer took charge of the Dutch, things haven’t been great. He went the first...
4 games without a victory and right now he’s managed the Dutch for a total of 9 games and has only won 4 of these.

However, the Dutch have some real talent and perhaps with some more games and the extra motivation that comes with a big tournament, the Netherlands can improve
Formation: De Boer has been experimenting with several different formations since he took charge. 4-3-3 being the most recent one which resulted in a 7-0 win so my guess is he’ll be using that formation a lot.
Underpriced:

Klaassen (5.5). A real hard worker that really flopped at Everton but has scored 12 goals and 3 assists for Ajax this season and has been so important for them. This guy is the definition of impact when he comes off the bench too so even if he doesn’t start...
he’ll be an incredible asset. This will be his first and most likely last big tournament he’ll ever play, he’s gonna give it all he’s got, mark my words. Would also want to make a shout for Wijndal and Krul (both at 4.5) which both feel like great value.
Overpriced:

Van Aanholt (5.5). It’s just way too much for a player that very likely won’t start. Hasn’t played at the end of this season for Palace and might come on and give you 1 point off the bench. No way that justifies the price tag of 5.5 when you have Wijndal for 4.5.
Recommendation:

Depay (10.0). This guy is probably the most selfish player in the entire team, if not the entire tournament. Depay has the ball? He’ll probably try to shoot. Which is great for fantasy purposes. Not to mention he’s also our designated penalty taker! Not much...
else to say, get this guy in because when we score, odds are this guy is involved. Would also mention Berghuis at (7.0). 18 goals and 12 assists in 30 games this season and pretty much nailed on to start. Don’t think you get many better options for that price.
Prediction:

I’m hoping my country does really well, we have the talent and the potential to reach at least the semi-finals. However, I won’t be counting on it. Our form is pretty bad, and it would take a miracle for us to magically turn into a flawless working machine.
AUSTRIA - @fpl_austria

We were very disappointing in EURO 2016 which led to the manager getting sacked. He was replaced by Franco Foda with many criticising him for not playing attacking football. He may have been a bit unlucky as well recently, with a couple of nailed on...
starters missing out through injury, seeing the teams form go downhill. He has a habit of playing negative minded football, so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Austria trying to park the bus but in general, Austria tries to press while trying to keep the ball.
Formation: 4-2-3-1 / 3-4-3

Hinteregger (4.5) is known for his goal threat and might be the best option from Austria's defence. Lainer (5.0) is quite attacking minded, slightly more pricey but may not be worth the extra outlay. The midfielders are all quite expensive for what...
they offer. David Alaba (5.5) could be a great option for his cheap price if he finally shows some form again. As a bonus, he takes free kicks, some corners and may even be on penalties (probably him or Arnautovic). Arnautovic (7.0) and Kalajdzic (7.5) could both be great punts.
Underpriced:

Martin Hinteregger 4.5 is as mentioned before, well known for his goal threat and with Austria playing quite a defensive style of football, he could become a great fantasy asset
Overpriced:

Ercan Kara at 7.5m has played 15 minutes for Austria so far and still comes in as one of the sides most expensive picks, so he is the No.1 choice when it comes to the most overpriced assets of the game.
Prediction:

In contrast to the previous EUROs I don't expect Austria to play a particularly good tournament. However, with North Macedonia and Ukraine in the same group there's still hope left to maybe make it through. A lot will already depend on the 1st game.
NORTH MACEDONIA - @NikolaG_Arsenal

General info:
We mostly play possession football although we also play counter attacking football against the big teams like we did against Germany and we mostly score our goals from set pieces. Our form in the qualifiers was pretty poor...
at the start but at the end we managed to win 3 of our last 5 games and we qualified for the Euros through the Nations League.
Formation: We usually play 4-4-2 formation but against big teams we like to use the 5-3-2 formation
Underpriced:

Goran Pandev (6.5) or Elmas (5.5) are very underpriced because if a goal comes they are the ones usually involved in it alongside Bardhi and Alioski. Would also want to make a shout for Ristovski at 4.0. Nailed on to start and you don’t get many 4.0 starters.
Overpriced:

I wouldn’t actually say that we have any overpriced players. Possibly Trajkovski because at 7.0 playing for a team like us, you want him to be nailed on and he currently isn’t with Nestorovski behind him.
Recommendation:

From Macedonia it's between Alioski/Pandev and Bardhi but if you want a differential you should go with Ademi for 5.5 who is the type of player like Soucek. He always somehow finds himself near the goal and he's been scoring and assisting a lot recently.
Prediction:

As for how far we will go at the Euros, I actually think we have a pretty good chance at making the next round. Austria are the team I am certain we will get points off and maybe a shocking win/draw against a very poor Netherlands team. As for the Ukraine game...
anything can happen but I think we will lose that one or maybe get a draw. So I think we will end up either 2nd/ 3rd or bottom last in the group, it all depends on who we will have for selection and what tactics we are going to play.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Calle

Calle Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @FPL_Swe

Aug 8, 2023
PREDICTED LINEUPS FOR GAMEWEEK 1 (THREAD) 🧵

With very few days left until the deadline, I tried to compose my predicted XI for every team going into GW1 including player prices

Here they are ⤵️
Read 22 tweets
Aug 7, 2023
Defensive selection (THREAD) 🧵

Estupiñan, Gabriel, Stones and Chilwell all have above 50% ownership among engaged managers

But most of you will only start three defenders. Should you have all four? Which one should you leave out? Image
Gabriel £5.0m (24.4%)

Arsenal had an nPxGC per 90 of exactly 1 last season putting them third in the league behind Man City and Newcastle. They have kept the same back line and added Rice, Timber and possibly Raya. All signings to improve the team defensively. Image
The highest xGI per 90 among their defenders did Gabriel have with 0.14. He was also the second best for xG among defenders in the entire league. He missed a total of 11 minutes last season and should be pretty much as nailed this season with no real competition at LCB.
Read 22 tweets
Aug 2, 2023
Top 5 system changes ahead of the new #FPL season (THREAD)

Klopp making Trent play in midfield, Pep doing the same with Stones and Xhaka getting into the box while scoring goals

Things change from season to season, these are my top five changes that will impact FPL this season Image
LIVERPOOL

In GW30 last season, Klopp changed the system and started to play with Trent as an inverted fullback. It worked well for them, but this season with the signings of Mac Allister and Szobozslai it so far in preseason seems like that system has changed. It’s not a... Image
massive change in its own right but it could be big for two players and their output in FPL, Salah and Trent.

After GW30, Henderson played the majority of games as the right sided central mid. His heatmap usually looked something like this.

Most important thing to note is...
Read 27 tweets
Jul 28, 2023
𝗧𝗼𝗽 𝟭𝟬 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗙𝗣𝗟 🧵

Last season we had Haaland, Mitoma, Alvarez and Darwin who all impacted our FPL season in a way or another

Which new players could impact our season the most? Here are my top 10 and why... ⤵️ Image
André Onana £5.0m (13.6%)

The 27-year-old Cameroonian goalkeeper signed for Man Utd for €52.5m to be their replacement for De Gea. De Gea who in recent years has never really been a great option in FPL, at least not to start the season. Image
Onana however has already flooded into managers teams with 13.6% ownership at the time of writing. Is he being overhyped? Man Utd had the most clean sheets in the league last season with 17. Could this improve with Onana? Bringing him in should make the centre backs more...
Read 52 tweets
Aug 24, 2022
Alexander Isak (THREAD) 🧵

The 6 foot 4 Swedish striker now seems set to join Newcastle Utd for a club record fee

Of course I had to do a breakdown of what he will bring to the Premier League ⤵️
Alexander Isak started off his career at AIK when he broke into the first team as a 16-year-old, scoring 10 goals in 19 starts in his debut season.

The hype around him in Sweden was quickly built up and ahead of the 16/17 season he was sold to Dortmund for €8.60m. This...
is to this day the most amount of money a Swedish club has sold a player for.

He then had a tough time at Dortmund, not getting in ahead of the likes of players like Aubameyang and Reus, which is understandable. In 18/19 he was loaned out to the club Willem ll in the Eredivisie
Read 20 tweets
Sep 20, 2021
Yesterday I talked about how Burnley, Norwich, Leeds and Newcastle have been the worst defenses this season

Here is a thread looking at when teams face some of these defences in successive fixtures
ASTON VILLA (GW24-28) Image
BRENTFORD (GW10-16) Image
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(