What makes us the best importers of wine in Wales? The simply answer is the wines we sell. But it’s not me saying this, it’s a host of professional tasters. Here is a thread of reviews from the talented Tamlyn Currin as she tastes our wines for JancisRobinson.com
So folks as you can see all these wines from around the world are great. I just hope you track them down and give the a go. Massive thanks to the team at @JancisRobinson! Cheers.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Daniel Lambert (Wines). 🇪🇺🇫🇷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🍇🥂

Daniel Lambert (Wines). 🇪🇺🇫🇷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🍇🥂 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @DanielLambert29

May 10
Whilst the trade I work in is seriously pissed off about the the Alcohol Reform system,which is due to come into effect in February 2025, I & all my piers in industry have thus far been unable to explain to the wider public why it will be such a shit storm. I’m going to try here.
Excise on wine is not the most exciting subject but the inability to import wine and the likely market collapse would be very bad for millions of people and kill off thousands of hospitality businesses. But this is the reality the wine trade is facing.
Back in 2019 one of the Prohibitionist think tanks funded by the hard right wing of the Tory party (based on Tufton St) was looking how they could use Brexit to change the way excise could be charged differently on Alcohol.
Read 22 tweets
Apr 25
A quick thread on something I didn’t think would be an issue due to Brexit, but now is. Jersey/Guernsey as we all know are British overseas territories technically. Whilst they are only 50 miles from the Mainland, but how are supplies going from the UK to them?
Well again technically it’s an export to supply wine or anything else to the Channel Islands from the UK. Odd but that how it’s been for quite some time. Now you would think the UK government would never forget about the UK overseas territories. After all there British!
Sadly not the case with Brexit and the UK export system CDS. Even as I type this thread I can’t quite believe the programmers fucked it up this so badly and the government launched with this problem, but hey Tories couldn’t give a shit as we all know.
Read 7 tweets
Apr 11
I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but all the Brexit types are getting all excited about a bit of news regarding services and the UK being 4th in the world. Whilst that’s lovely it equally demonstrates perfectly how these people just don’t get the bigger picture.
The world and to a smaller degree, Europe, produces everything that in a modern world people want/need. It’s not possible for all countries to make/produce everything that everyone wants. This is fairly basic stuff so far.
So countries trade with each other. An easy example is the UK buying lemons from Spain and Spain buying whiskey from Scotland. Neither country can make that product. So you have trade.
Read 15 tweets
Apr 6
Back in Jan 21 I got a lot of attention due to my tweets going viral. 3 years one I thought I would use the power of hindsight to see if my tweets were right and if #Brexit is the unmitigated catastrophe many in the remain camp said it would be.
For Wine it’s nearly had the full #Brexit exposure being goods that attract huge amounts of revenue for the UK Government. We have the last transition in February ‘25 to look forward to when excise taxes become “unworkable”. But what actually happened so far.
Well I took a look back to June 23rd 2016 at one of our top selling wines. This Chardonnay at the time was retailing for £8.99 with most of our customers. After the ref result to adjust for the drop in the value of the £ the price increased £0.50 shortly after on retail. Image
Read 9 tweets
Mar 30
Three years ago @RishiSunak, a tee-total chancellor at the time, came up with the notion that all alcoholic beverages are the same and are made in the same way. What he actually did is start something that will destroy the uk wine industry. Here is why.
Many people will have never thought about how pretty much every they consume gets to that retail environment, nor should they, it’s not that exciting. However #Brexit was the game changer where continuing shortages have led people to question where products come from.
We all know that placing barriers in the way of free flowing goods isn’t a good idea, the more barriers in the way the more expensive goods become and importers like me go through endless pain to deal with Brexit related paperwork that didn’t previously exist.
Read 10 tweets
Mar 10
Should you be pleased that in the budget alcohol excise duty was frozen until February 2025? The answer is no and you should be deeply concerned what is planned for Feb 25. Here is why the tories have taken everyone for fools again.
Firstly the duty increase of August 2023 was the largest increase in tax on all types of alc in 50 years. It was so large that it was responsible for inflation to rise in the wider economy.
Secondly the government has lost millions in revenue on alcohol excise duty since the record breaking increase. Consumers just couldn’t afford to buy wine so often. This in-turn has put pressure on the hospitality sector, and led to bankruptcies.
Read 16 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(