Scott Shapiro Profile picture
Jul 6, 2021 6 tweets 2 min read Read on X
I have a good feeling about this one
Not gonna make the same mistake twice
She is *really* into politics (redacted because this is a family account)
I popped the question. Wish me luck.
Is paella slang, because I cannot post what she just texted?
This may be getting too intimate to share.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Scott Shapiro

Scott Shapiro Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @scottjshapiro

Jun 9, 2023
I’ve never seen the inside of a SCIF before Image
You have to have Super Top Secret clearance to read the materials stored in the shower
Read 4 tweets
May 8, 2022
Protest in front of the Supreme Court. Don't protest in front of a judge's house. That way lies madness and violence.
Think one step ahead: You want crazies to show up at Justice Sotomayor's house?
Sorry to all my followers for not being as deranged as you thought I was
Read 4 tweets
May 5, 2022
It's odd that the media has become liberal darlings, because during the W years, they were despised. We didn't see them as "enemies of the people," but rather as spineless sell-outs who endlessly disappointed us. The blogosphere was the alternative where we felt heard.
Take the New York Times. The Times sold the Iraq war based on the flimsiest of evidence. The Times wasn't keeping fascism at bay. The Times helped get us into the Iraq debacle.
During the absurd "Mission Accomplished" stunt, Chris Matthews rhapsodized about our Chad president. "The president there -- look at this guy! We're watching him. He looks like he flew the plane. ... He looks for real. He didn't fight in a war, but he looks like he does." Image
Read 6 tweets
Feb 25, 2022
In the early morning of February 25, 1603—419 years ago today—a battle was fought off the Coast of Singapore that would have profound implications for how states wage war. A thread on the Capture of the Santa Catarina, origins of the laws of war, and birth of liberalism.
Soon after Vasco da Gama reached India in 1498, Portugal came to dominate the Asian spice trade. By 1599, Dutch merchants had begun to challenge the lucrative monopoly. The Portuguese retaliated by harassing natives who did business with the Dutch and by killing Dutch traders.
In 1602, the Dutchman Jacob van Heemskerck led a fleet of eight ships to the East Indies on a trading expedition. When he arrived, he learned about the Portuguese terror campaign to drive the Dutch away and decided to punish the wrongs committed against his countrymen.
Read 32 tweets
Jan 16, 2022
As I finish up my hacking book, I have been revisiting the Snowden revelations and what they really revealed. To explain their true significance, however, you have to understand intelligence law and in particular FISA. But FISA is absurdly complicated. 1/
FISA is so confusing b/c 50 USC 1801 uses many similar parameters to determine whether a FISA warrant is needed: (1) communication location (any end in US?); (2) target identity (US person?); (3) target location (US?); (4) acquisition location (US?); (5) media (wire/radio) 2/
Then there is Sec 702 that permits warrantless collections, but requires annual certifications. 702 depends on (1) target identity; (2) target location. How can we possibly have a public debate about these issues when the law is so confusing? 3/
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(