Barça Buzz Profile picture
Jul 18, 2021 12 tweets 9 min read Read on X
🎙Ronald Koeman to @FCBtv on the dressing room heavyweights.

🗣 "The most veteran players have a place in the squad, they already showed it last year and it is important that they be with us. In a club like Barça, the balance between the old and the young must exist."
@FCBtv 🎙Ronald Koeman on Lionel Messi.

🗣 "Messi is very important, he is the captain of the team and an example for others. His effectiveness has been enormous, after a difficult start due to his own situation."
#FCB 🇳🇱 x 🇦🇷
@FCBtv 🎙Koeman continues on Messi.

🗣 "He really wanted to win the Copa América and, as he is the best player in the world, he is used to to win things. For me he is the absolute favorite to win the Ballon D'or."
#FCB 🇳🇱 x 🇦🇷
@FCBtv 🎙Ronald Koeman on Sergio Agüero.

🗣 "We had to improve our performance at the top and he is a very experienced and dangerous player in the area. The important thing is that he is physically well and our goal is to keep him in top shape."
#FCB 🇳🇱 x 🇦🇷
@FCBtv 🎙Ronald Koeman on Memphis Depay.

🗣 "I know Memphis very well and he knows how to work. He has a lot of character, physicality, speed and can play in different positions in attack. He is at perfect age to be able to show it and I hope he does well at Barça."
#FCB 🇳🇱
@FCBtv 🎙Ronald Koeman on García.

🗣 "He had a great Euro. He comes from here and despite his young age, has a lot of experience. He plays in the same position I did. With the ball he is very good & we can improve with him. He also has projection and a great future ahead."
#FCB 🇳🇱 x 🇪🇸
@FCBtv 🎙Ronald Koeman on Emerson Royal.

🗣 "He is one of the best full-backs in the league. He has been called up by Brazil with all the competition there is. He will give us a lot of physicality and he fits in with our way of playing."
#FCB 🇳🇱 x 🇧🇷
@FCBtv 🎙Ronald Koeman on Pedri.

🗣 "Pedri's Euro Cup has been phenomenal. At the age of 18 he has played almost all the matches completely, that too with an impressive maturity."
#FCB 🇳🇱 x 🇪🇸
@FCBtv 🎙Ronald Koeman continues on Pedri.

🗣 " His football continues to improve and he is a very honest and calm boy. He lives for football. He is an example of how one has to be being a young man at Barça."
#FCB 🇳🇱 x 🇪🇸
@FCBtv 🎙Koeman on Pedri's participation in the Olympics.

🗣 "It is a pity for us. We have maximum confidence. This season there is great expectation from him. It's important for our youth football that youngsters see that they are in a club that gives them opportunities."
#FCB 🇳🇱 x 🇪🇸
@FCBtv 🎙Ronald Koeman on Pedri being exhausted.

🗣 "Pedri has played a lot. We will have to give him a break, everyone needs it during the summer. As Guardiola said, playing two important tournaments in the summer is too much, but we can't do anything."
#FCB 🇳🇱 x 🇪🇸
@FCBtv This concludes Ronald Koeman's interview and this thread.

Translation via @sport.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Barça Buzz

Barça Buzz Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Barca_Buzz

Mar 2
🎙 Xavi spoke in a press conference before the match against Athletic Club

🗣: "We have analyzed them, they recently eliminated us. They are the most intense and physical rival in the category, and now the one with the most confidence after comfortably passing the tie against Atlético Madrid. They have only lost one game in the League, and it was at the beginning against Real Madrid, a difficult stadium. Let's compete, it is a great opportunity to score three points in such a complicated field."Image
🎙 Xavi on the good form

🗣: "I think it is an ideal scenario to match them in intensity, rhythm, faith... On Getafe's day we understood the game very well, there will be a lot of space behind the defense, so we can foresee a similar game that the last game. It's time to find continuity and have a great game."
🎙 Xavi on having more time to prepare

🗣: "We have had a long week and they are coming from playing last Thursday. On the other hand, they also did well because of their confidence, because it must be through the roof. They can be proud of the season they are having. They are a difficult opponent, let's hope that the losses are also noticeable. Although I think it will vary little, Athletic is very strong in their field."
Read 17 tweets
Feb 2
🎙️Laporta speaking with @rac1

🗣️:"I am busy, not worried. This situation can still be reversed and we will not throw in the towel. If we win in Vitoria we will still be able to fight for LaLiga. I found out about Xavi's goodbye when I went down to the locker room after the Villarreal game. I listened to him carefully because Xavi "He is an honest person and someone who loves Barça. I saw that he had reflected on it, that he had a lot of pressure on him. He thought it was the best thing to free the players from the pressure, to free himself and that it was the best thing for the club."Image
🎙️Laporta on next coach

🗣️:"This is in Deco's hands, at this moment I fully trust Xavi until the end of the season. We all have to participate in this formula and the best way to participate is by believing."
🎙️Laporta on FFP

🗣️:"Yes, if we comply with the 'fair play', that stage ends. It is planned that it will be achieved without the need to sell players. When we arrived, we had 500 million losses, and 1,500 million in debt. If last year we already made profits and We responded with our own funds with a significant amount, and we restructured the debt, now we are on the right path. We have reduced debt with the League from 1,850 million to 652 million, we have reduced the sports wage bill by 172 million. To have fair play we have to have results positives, which we had thanks to the levers, it is true, and now we will have reduced the saliary mass, which is what LaLiga allows us."
Read 19 tweets
Jun 29, 2023
🎙️| Joan Laporta on TV3.

🗣️ "One of the conditions of the CVC deal was that Tebas would stay, first for fifteen years and then for eight and his salary would double."
🎙️| Laporta continues..

🗣️ "They [La Liga] told us that if we signed the CVC seal they'd increase our FFP by 15%, and that if we didn't sign it we couldn't sign players or they would make it more difficult for us. This is in the courts. We said no and they put the cross on us."
🎙️| Laporta continues..

🗣️ "You conclude that Catalonia may be within the state, but even so, some cannot digest the elements that define our Catalan identity. They cannot digest that one of the elements of Catalan identity is Barça and are trying everything to take it."
Read 18 tweets
Jun 2, 2023
🎙️| Xavi in interview with MD...

🗣️: "I know that Leo is going to help us if he decides to come, but in the end I think we have to leave him a little alone. Regarding the football issue, it depends on him. For me there are no doubts. If Leo decides to come, the doors are open." Image
🎙️Xavi continues...

🗣: "The contractual issue is no longer my concern. They tell me it's under control. From coming to not coming, the rest of the transfer planning for me does not change anything at all."
🎙️| Xavi continues...

🗣️: "If Leo does not come, a player of that profile would be needed. Bernardo? He would be wonderful but it is very difficult. Kimmich is super top and his understanding of the game is fantastic, if the door is open there must be negotiation."
Read 19 tweets
Jun 1, 2023
🗣- Laporta on Jordi Alba: "Thank you all. I'm worried, because these farewells are so beautiful that, let's see if everyone cheers up and we stay in the picture." Image
🗣- Laporta continues.. : "I have witnessed what Jordi and Xavi love each other. He was the first of all those who told me that Xavi had to be the coach of Barça."
🗣- Laporta continues.. : "You are a player made in the street. Extraordinary players like you are the soul of the club.
Read 5 tweets
Jun 1, 2023
🎙Jordi Alba in his today's farewell act...

🗣: "I would like to thank the fans: you gave me the most exciting moment of my career. Not even in my wildest dreams could I imagine a better farewell." Image
🎙Jordi Alba continues...

🗣: "I remember with great affection my beginnings, in the quarry. Always remember with pride to be chosen to lay the first stone in the Ciutat Esportiva."
🎙Jordi Alba on his moments

🗣: "I have always gone face to face, there have been many moments, although sometimes I have been a bit Vinegar"
Read 20 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(