Preston Bobo, Chemgod Profile picture
Aug 1, 2021 5 tweets 3 min read Read on X
IHME has updated its projections in the worse possible way for Oklahoma.
Its Estimated infections each day, trending up faster and projected to peak higher than we did in December. Universal Masking would reduce this impact, considerably.
@HealthyOklahoma #CovidIsNotOver
The MUCH worse news is that they are projecting that we will exceed our last peak on hospital bed usage. September is going to be VERY hard on our local healthcare workers if our local governing officials do not take drastic action RIGHT NOW.
@GovStitt
Perhaps the most troubling aspect of this is that they are projecting that we are going to need 780 staffed ICU beds on September 14, 2021.
This means we will be about 200 ICU beds short of meeting that need. Several of our ICUs, in-state, are already full.
Around September 16th we will be losing 28 Oklahomans a day to COVID-19. That number drops to 4 with universal masking. Remember that these are ONLY deaths due to COVID. If our hospitals are overwhelmed (and they are projected to be) others will die as well.
For any local business, the hits just keep on coming because, without a mask requirement they are projecting that people are going to stop going out, which is going to reduce revenues. AGAIN, universal masking will help reduce this effect as well.
#OKMaskmandatenow #OKMaskMandate

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Preston Bobo, Chemgod

Preston Bobo, Chemgod Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Navarp

Apr 25
Ryan Walters does not care about children.
@ryanmwalters @RyanWaltersSupt
Today a mom was arrested and removed from the OSDE.
This is the most direct evidence to date.
He demonstrated a RECKLESS disregard for the physical (and emotional) well-being of four minor children today.
Exactly NO ONE checked on the well-being of these children from the state of Oklahoma.
To be CRYSTAL clear here Ryan Walters could have stopped the meeting. He could have requested that the troopers not handcuff this mother.
He did nothing.
BUT, more than that, after the arrest, Walters didn't check on the kids.
He didn't direct ANYONE from the OSDE to check on the kids.
Walters didn't direct DPS (in the building) to check on the kids.
Walters is a mandatory reporter. He did not contact CPS about abandoned children.
Read 7 tweets
Sep 30, 2021
Good Thursday Morning Oklahoma twitter (Sorry had a block party last night); it is time, once again to dive into the Weekly Epidemiology and Surveillance Report, this time for September 19 to September 25, 2021.
oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok…
I want to open with HUGE NEWS. I CANNOT stress this enough. This is MASSIVE information, and one of the reasons I delayed in posting this until I could really dive into the numbers myself. So, on page 10 the state has a new table and it is Reinfections versus breakthrough cases.
This is real-world, extensive data that shows, conclusively how much better the vaccines are at preventing the spread of COVID-19. It also highlights why boosters may be necessary for some populations.
Read 12 tweets
Aug 20, 2021
This three-year-old baby is fighting for her life at a hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Her mother is a healthcare hero facebook.com/amelia.hickey and has been documenting her fight against COVID-19.
THIS is the price of "Personal Responsibility."
Her name is Aurora, like the princess.
Our lead Oklahoma doctors are suing our state government to overturn a law prohibiting masks in schools.
If you want to help you you can donate here
gofund.me/7be64702
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(