Grace 🌾 Profile picture
Aug 19, 2021 6 tweets 2 min read Read on X
Covid might cause health problems for you, though for the vast majority of people it doesn’t.

You know what will certainly cause health problems for you? Living in constant fear and stress about Covid. Stop it.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Grace 🌾

Grace 🌾 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @graceisforyou

May 7
On Sleeping Babies and The Presence of God 🧵

My baby needs to fall asleep. Instead he’s rolling back and forth, sitting up and looking for his shark toy, waving his hands in front of his face. Anything but “the one thing that is needful.”
I’m laying next to him on the bed, [impatiently] waiting for him to fall asleep while I mentally tabulate all the things I’ll accomplish once he’s finally sleeping — a color-coded table complete with prioritization of tasks and approximate times required for each.
Then a thought occurs: he knows I’m doing this. I mean, he doesn’t know, but he *knows.* Maybe his restlessness reflects my own? Proponents of co-sleeping talk of the baby attuning his rhythms — breath, heartbeat — to those of the sleeping parent. To what am I attuning him?
Read 11 tweets
Apr 26, 2023
These are books the Seattle library has decided are important to have in the *little kids* section. There’s a separate section for teens/YA — these were with the picture books. (“Phoenix” is a real boy whose mommy encourages him to wear dresses to school to “express his gender.”) Image
“be a gender transcender”
This is in the picture books section — on a shelf that a 4 year old can reach. Image
Every little kid needs to know the history of the “LGBTQ+ Movement” and how to SPEAK OUT, PROTEST, and FIGHT for JUSTICE. Again, all these are in the little kids’ section — where they have toys on the floor and tiny chairs at tiny tables. Image
Read 4 tweets
Mar 8, 2023
So video evidence is a false portrayal of events while a narrative built on people’s imaginations is an accurate portrayal. This actually fits perfectly with how post-truth reasoning works in other ways.
For instance, your words can be “violent” even when they are perfectly calm, reasonable, and well-intentioned. What makes them violent is if the person who hears them doesn’t like them.
When evidence no longer matters, justice is no longer possible and truth is a mere nuisance in the way of determining whose feelings are most to be considered.
Read 4 tweets
Jan 11, 2023
Right wingers defend their “right” to use gas stoves. Here’s why that’s a racist dog whistle…

🧵1/52
Right wingers love gas stoves because of their historical place in the heteronormative patriarchal binary system that erases Queer identities.

🧵 1/247
Right wingers care more about gas stoves than people experiencing homelessness or the ongoing oppression of migrants at our border.

Buckle up - A THREAD 🧵 1/79
Read 7 tweets
Nov 16, 2022
Gay “marriage” is bad for society and this shouldn’t be controversial.

The state has a vested interest in heterosexual marriage bc *only* these unions produce new citizens *and* provide the environment that gives children the best chance to thrive — w/ a bio father & mother.
It’s just sentimentality that wants to call two people of the same sex spending their lives together a “marriage.” The aspects of a marriage that are of interest to the state and society are completely absent there. They are only of interest to the people involved.
The sacrifice of devoting the prime years of one’s life to raising healthy, stable citizens in the best possible environment for their thriving — w/ a bio mother & father attendant to their offsprings’ well-being — should be distinguished by the state from all other arrangements.
Read 7 tweets
Nov 14, 2022
We like to think we’re so different from our forebears of hundreds or thousands of years ago, with their rites and superstitions. We are not.
In fact, because most of us are so disconnected from the seasons, from growing things, raising animals and children, birthing, death and everything else to do with the natural world, we’re even MORE superstitious now and our superstitions are stupider, less connected to reality.
We just don’t call them “superstitions” any more. We call them dating norms, work/life balance, education, skin care routine, Diversity Equity & Inclusion, environmentalism. Most of what we spend our time talking and thinking about isn’t based in reality at all and doesn’t work.
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(