Tascha Profile picture
Aug 24, 2021 15 tweets 6 min read Read on X
Ok, you've all convinced me this is an experiment that needs to be done. So here's the deal.

I'm going to buy a real diamond--> create a NFT for it--> list it on @opensea--> destroy the original diamond. I'll ping this tweet on my profile so you can track progress.

Stay tuned.
STEP 1: Create an @opensea account.

opensea.io/collection/tas…
STEP 2: Buy a hammer for diamond smashing (Never smashed a diamond before. Hope this one'll do the job, or I'll need to find another way).

STEP 3: Buy a diamond.

Went shopping online and got this 1.32 carat rock 💎 for $5k. It's supposed to ship next Monday. Meanwhile you're welcome to marvel at its beauty on a conceptual level: natashache.com/gia-1/

Oh and the receipt: natashache.com/blue-nile-rece…
Just got the hammer & the bench block in the mail. That was fast. Hope the diamond 💎 delivery guy does an equally good job as Amazon. Image
How can a NFT project be complete without some generational family feud? So I put up a fight with my mother 🤪
Good news...💎Diamond LD15766346💎 ships today!

Says it'll come "in discrete packaging".

Hmm... didn't know diamond is actually a sex toy 🤔

But that's def not a feature included in the diamond NFT, in case you're wondering. Image
Those who shit on Bezos for throwing $ in space, not charities, don’t get it.

Without your ancestors throwing resources in seeming foolish experiments, you’d still be living in stone age.

You can be cynical & indignant abt the future. Or you can take the trouble to create it. Image
Guys, I need to upload 1 media asset to mint into the destroyed-diamond NFT. Which one do you like better?

1/ this 360' video of diamond LD15766346

2/ the GIA report image for said diamond (shown in comment)

3/ makes no fucking difference Tascha. both equally stupid
Here's image of option 2/ Image
STEP 4: Getting the diamond delivered in the mail

Fedex delivered the diamond I bought from Blue Nile at 10:12 AM US eastern time today.

Watch me receive the diamond and unbox it ✂️🎁💎

So excited for the next step 🤗

STEP 5: Figure out the floor price for the NFT.

Here's the reserve price breakdown:
STEP 5: Destroy the diamond

So I tried to smash the diamond w/ a hammer. Turned out 💎 was much tougher than I thought (also I really suck as a handywoman). Here's how it went down in the end.

This historical event happened at 6:13 pm US EST, Aug 31 2021 🎉
This FAQ video answers

1. What's the Destroyed-Diamond NFT?
2. Why destroy the diamond?
3. Why does the NFT have value?
4. How is this NFT priced?
5. How to destroy the diamond?

Recorded this b/f the diamond-destroying saga today. Little did I know...

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Tascha

Tascha Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @TaschaLabs

May 19
Your investing strategy has a much higher Sortino ratio than Sharpe ratio, e.g. a Sharpe of 2 and a Sortino of 10. It's a common pattern in breakout/momentum strategies. What does it tell you?

Here are 4 key things to know:
1. Your gains are driven by positive skew. That means frequent small losses and fewer but larger wins, as tend to be the case with many momentum and trend following methods.
2. You cannot miss trades. Because your return is driven by large gains that only happen from time to time, if you miss one or more of those, your return profile may take a large hit. Vacation days can be rather costly.
Read 13 tweets
Jul 30, 2023
Web3 needs good regulation to save it from itself.

What good regulation looks like:
1/ I'm passionate about having good regulations in web3. The industry is too important not to.

On a macro level, web3 has potential to help the world solve its income distribution problem exacerbated by AI:
2/ Economies have long used labor and capital incomes as two dominant ways to distribute output to participants, typically along a 70/30 split. E.g, you may make 70% of your money from clocking time in an office and 30% from saving/investment gains.
Read 52 tweets
Jun 10, 2023
What would it take for crypto to have a new bull market?

The real answer nobody's talking about:
1/ When confronted w/ the "wen bull market" question, the most common answer you hear from crypto investors is "Once Fed starts printing again..."

Give me a freaking break!
2/ If central bank monetary expansion is such a non-negotiable for price to go up, how does one explain the fact that Nasdaq had 10% increase in month of May alone, while Fed balance sheet continued to shrink? Even Russell 2000, late to the party, had 6% uptick since June.
Read 35 tweets
Feb 13, 2023
How crypto market has changed in 2023-- 5 lessons from recent bull run:
1/ A closer look at the January mini bull run and what you can learn from it as an investor/speculator—
2/ 1. Rotation no more

Liquidity rotation used to be structural feature of crypto mkt— at onset of a bull run, large caps (BTC, ETH) rose the most & once mkt participants made gains on those, liquidity shifted to smaller caps, prompting them to pump next.
Read 31 tweets
Jan 26, 2023
Crypto macro outlook 2023 + 3 investment ideas 👇
1/ In this episode of Tascha Labs podcast I talk about:

1. Macro big picture for this year

2. Crypto market outlook

3. Three investment perspectives
2/ Episode summary:

1. Macro big picture for this year

00:57 - What is the macro picture right now?

The biggest change is the reopening of China. The reopening will be:

1. An economic growth driver for China & other Asian countries that rely on China.
Read 18 tweets
Jan 16, 2023
The #1 tokenomic mistake of web3 platforms (w/ 3 hidden costs not obvious on day 1)
1/ B/f we talk abt this mistake many web3 platforms are making, I’m assuming the goal of the platform is to:

1) expedite growth & distribution— to get to critical mass / network effect faster & distribute values to users & contributors
2/ 2) achieve longevity— to be a sustainable going concern, not a one trick pony

Quick walkthrough of why tokenization helps accomplish these goals—

Let’s say you’re starting a decentralized ride sharing platform called *Uber*.
Read 48 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(