Essentially the GUID could act as randomly generated 128 bit password, depending on which version was used and how it was generated.

With the former, less combinations. But regardless bruteforcing 128 bits, especially over a latent network like the internet is, not feasible.
How the GUIDs were generated is a different story. Some systems will generate sequenced GUIDs using a seed, which is an issue.

Think of it in decimal as starting at an arbitrary number, like 10,000,000, and then sequentially picking successive numbers within some interval.
If an attacker knows the seed, or even a valid GUID within the sequence, it is trivial to bruteforce GUIDs in the sequence going forward or backward.

Microsoft systems are notorious for this this scheme of sequenced GUIDs

For example, it is easy to test numbers starting at 62

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Alexander Higgins

Alexander Higgins Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!


Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

  2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @kr3at

13 Sep
🚨Gaslighting: 30% of NJ cases & 21.25% of deaths fully vaccinated.

But @GovMurphy uses bad data and the % of vaccinated to mislead the public into its just 0.35% of cases and .002% of deaths were vaccinated.

Data: 3,577 / 12051 cases and 17 / 80 of deaths were vaccinated.
NJ @GovMurphy claims there only 2,602 new infections in the vaccinated between 8/23 and 8/29

The data shows: 8/29 cases of 18,390 - 14813 total cases on 8/23 is 3,577 fully vaccinated infections.

Similarly He says No deaths but 97 deaths - 80 8/32 deaths is 17 new deaths.
Read 6 tweets
13 Sep
💥What's more shocking?💥 That Yankee and Mets fans agree or that everyone in New York City is chanting this.

🚨MOST POPULAR PRESIDENT EVER: "F**k Joe Biden" Chants Heard Across US College Football Stadiums…
Read 4 tweets
13 Sep
🚨Gaslighting: To HIDE HORRIBLE vaccine stats:

Gov. keeps showing Covid data going back weeks or months which makes vaccinated portions just a very small percentage of cases, deaths and hospitalizations.

In reality the real states are in the most recent week or two of data. Image
🚨BUSTED: San Diego caught hiding Cases, Hospitalizations and Deaths among FULLY VACCINATED.

San Diego's 30 day counts for the fully vaccinated as of 9/7 are LOWER than the 14 day difference from 8/24 to 9/7

9/7: Image
🚨BUSTED: San Diego FULLY VACCINATED data for last 14 &30 days

14 days: 6724
30 days: 6265

14 days: 19
30 days: 9

14 days:8
30 days: 5

Status Report:…

9/7: Image
Read 4 tweets
9 Sep
📢Biden's 6 point plan to end the pandemic doesn't explain how it will end the pandemic:

1⃣Vaccinate the Unvaccinated
2⃣Protect the Vaccinated
3⃣Keeping Schools Safely Open
4⃣Increase Masking / Testing
5⃣Protect The Economy
6⃣Improving COVID-19 Care
Dee[ Dive: Biden's main campaign pledge was he had a plan to “shut down the virus” that Trump didn't and the Media ran covid fear porn daily to help drive that message.

It’s been 231 months since the inauguration. His 6 point plan fall way short short. He lied.

Here's why:👇
1⃣Vaccinate the Unvaccinated - This has done nothing to end the pandemic in ultra-vaccinated nations like Israel, the UK or Iceland. Instead delta is raging and expert warn the MU is "fully vaccine resistant".
Read 9 tweets
9 Sep
🚨JUST IN: Biden's approval rating drops below 40% in new Federalist Poll.

Oddly, RCP lists this poll as having a 53% approval rating.…
The poll does indeed show 19% approve and 20% somewhat approve for a total of 39%.…
Read 4 tweets
9 Sep
256 days later the FBI releases new footage of the alleged suspect they claim planted pipe bombs on January 5th.…
Dear @FBI, Does @DCPoliceDept dashcam footage from Jan. 5th still exist

Your newly released footage shows a @DCPoliceTraffic SUV driving by as suspect adjusts their mask right before planting the RNC pipe bomb.

It's a shame you waited 246 days later to release this footage.
Typo: 246 days later. FYI 3:19 into the video is the moment in question.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us on Twitter!