goolag.eth Profile picture
Oct 3, 2021 18 tweets 7 min read Read on X
My thesis on @templedao in a quick thread

I know a lot of Templars have a variety of viewpoints on how Temple is going to be revolutionary, but wanted to give my own two cents
1⃣ General Narrative

In the early days, of which unfortunately I did not partake, making trades on ETH was relatively inexpensive. $300 ETH meant maybe you were paying at most $30 for at trade, but now that ETH is at $3000 you're paying $300

Well that's a problem
1⃣ con

For one in creates a barrier to entry into the ecosystem for new participants.

How can I possibly justify an investment where 10-20% of my trade evaporates into gas cost?

Even if I'm already in the ecosystem there's a significant disincentive for me to participate
1⃣ con

If it's difficult for me to manage my portfolio and make the trades I want due to gas cost, then how can I effectively manage my risk/return ratio at a level that suits me?

This is effectively the market that TempleDAO is targeting with their innovative business model
1⃣ con

TempleDAO's mission is to provide a variety of investment vehicles to the layman market participant who's not "crypto rich" enough to actually execute on sophisticated investment strategies

AFAIK there is no one else serving this market segment
2⃣ Product

What actually is @templedao going to do to solve for this market need?

They're going to create a variety of investment pools to satisfy your given risk/return ratio

The first of which is going to be $TEMPLE, who's goal is to provide stable but significant returns
2⃣ Product

I'd direct specific product explanations to my prior post, and I might post some direct examples late, but my goal here is to show the future buy-in for the protocol and why its valuable

3⃣ Future Products and Team

Here is where the real buy in for TempleDAO comes in for me. Ultimately when you choose to invest in speculative assets you're making an, hopefully, educated bet on their team and future success
3⃣ con

At this point hopefully you've understood that there is a market segment out there with demand for this product, but the real buy in is understanding the team and having confidence in their expertise
3⃣ con

The true show of success for TempleDAO is whether they can continually innovate and create new sophisticated investment pools for new users to buy into

The way I picture it is this: A long-view hedge fund that provides optimal risk-adjusted returns based on your profile
3⃣ con

The reason why IM so bullish is I've seen firsthand the capabilities of the team while participating in their discord. There's some great thinkers there who are developing the roadmap every day

Let me give you an example of a future product
3⃣ con

Consider the person who wants to take a loan out on their staked Temple. This is a commonplace need for DeFi investors

However, with an unstake queue in place for stakers the entire incentive dynamic is misaligned
3⃣ con

If I want to give a loan out on some collateral, I need to have confidence I can quickly liquidate that collateral

If I want to give a loan out on some collateral, I need to have confidence I can quickly liquidate that collateral in the case of default
3⃣ con

However with the unstake queue, there's going to be some additional variable timeframe before I can liquidate the staked Temple in the case of a default

So that disincentivizes me from giving a loan, I need to be appropriately compensated for that risk
3⃣ con

The standard mode of compensation then would be for me to charge a much higher interest rate on an illiquid asset like sTemple, but then you the borrower would be disincentivized from borrowing due to the high interest rate

How do we solve for this?
3⃣ con

It's actually quite simple, TempleDAO can create a separate investment pool for Temple stakers to take loans out on their sTemple

Why does this work?

Well if you stake your Temple with the DAO they're already in possession of the collateral and can liquidate easily
3⃣ con

That's an example of the future value of buying Temple now, access to their future investment products

I'm super excited to see their future roadmap and releases, and I'll be diligent in my reporting of them for my fellow Templars and friends
Not financial advice dummy

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with goolag.eth

goolag.eth Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @GoolagCrypto

Nov 3, 2021
🧵on @romedaofinance for @scribeDAO

TL:DR; RomeDAO is expanding the Olympus ecosystem onto the Kusama and Polkadot chains with a fresh perspective on how to carry out the Ohmie mission

NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE
🅰️Why Kusama/Polkadot?

Moonriver is EVM-compatible with significant liquidity that Romans can leverage to be seen as the premier stable asset within the ecosystem

Their unique value props are out of scope for this thread, but lead to them being primed for exponential growth
1⃣ Mechanism design

Following OHM in its goal to create a healthy POL based reserve currency RomeDAO is offering 3 different bonds with FRAX, MIM, and MOVR as an initial means of bootstrapping

There's a potential partnership with @AnyswapNetwork to bridge assets to MOVR
Read 14 tweets
Oct 28, 2021
🧵on @01_protocol for @scribeDAO

TL:DR; 01 is bringing a unique financial primitives to the Solana ecosystem: Everlasting Options. 01 is tackling unmet demand in DeFi in the form of more sophisticated options, and if they can execute/adapt they could be an ecosystem mainstay
🅰️What are Everlasting Options?

Everlasting Options are essentially just perpetual futures, but for options

They work in pretty much the same way, people who have bought the option have to pay some funding rate to people who sold the option to keep their continuous position
🅱️Why Everlasting Options?

Standard options have expiry dates meaning to get perpetual exposure, you have to constantly roll your position over carrying significant cost, risk, and time investment

Everlasting options allow perpetual exposure without contract renewal process
Read 13 tweets
Oct 22, 2021
🧵on @templedao Governance/Roadmap update for @scribeDAO

TL:DR; TempleDAO is reorganizing its governance/discord structure to effectively leverage the high quality community members and their talents in product development
1⃣ Why now?

Chasing the exclusivity of Temple, community members have rushed to join the discord in efforts of contributing to get access to the Fire Ritual

This has led to curating high quality community members with a diverse range of Talents that the DAO can leverage
2⃣ What's happening?

TempleDAO is creating 5 Enclaves that mimic the structure of the current team within which community members can contribute to with their respective talents

This allows for community members to engage with the DAO and receive rewards based on contribution
Read 10 tweets
Oct 22, 2021
🧵on @TokenReactor 's IL mitigation for @scribeDAO

TL:DR; TOKE ensures that LPs can withdraw the same quantity of assets they've deposited without IL by rebalancing assets in such a way that net loss can only occur on a system level in any market condition
IL mitigation mechanics have been a hot topic for the mechs @TokenReactor, and to answer those questions Carson and co have released an initial version of a gitbook

Let's dive into the IL mechanics

Read the full thing here: docs.tokemak.xyz
1⃣ Why IL mitigation?

The business model of TOKE requires LPs to be incentivized to LP in TOKE's single-sided LP pools rather than just LPing on an AMM

To that end Toke provides IL mitigation, a significant issue with LPing on AMMs, as a service to LPs
Read 12 tweets
Oct 13, 2021
🧵on my @StripsFinance thesis for @scribeDAO

TL:DR; Strips is a derivatives DEX that's bringing a classic TradFi derivative to crypto: Interest Rate Swaps (IRS), and if executed properly Strip could see growth on the level of dYdX or other derivatives EXs

Not Financial Advice
1⃣ Product

IRS are forward contracts where you swap future interest payments based on some notional amount

There are 3 main types

1. Fixed to Floating: fixed to variable

2. Floating to Fixed: variable to fixed

3. Floating to Floating: variable to variable
1⃣ con

Offering IRS is a natural evolution in DeFi that mimics a trend in TradFi

Currently there's no protocol that offers IRS and so Strip is stepping in to meet that demand

Strip hasn't released its IRS DEX yet, but plans to offer the first two types of IRS
Read 19 tweets
Oct 12, 2021
There's been some great discussion going on in the @templedao discord regarding the unstake queue and whether it's really an appropriate mechanism for controlling liqudity

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on it
I can see why forcefully having shallow liquidity on markets and an unstake queue to prevent capital flight is shady

I think a lot of crypto-natives from 2008 till now have experienced rug pulls and the crushing feeling of getting dumped on by a protocol
However, I think it's different in the case for Temple and here's why

Temple has given a promise of a safe-haven from the volatility of crypto. Volatility doesn't just mean stopping the price from going up, but also down

If the DAO wants to control that what can they do?
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(