Kurt Phillips🧛‍♂️ Profile picture
Oct 5, 2021 54 tweets 18 min read Read on X
So I just finished listening to Kevin Johnston's live feed where he interviews Artur Pawloski.

As ya'll know Kijiji was sentenced to 18 months in prison starting January 4. 1/

The video went exactly as you would think it did.

I'll add clips as I cut from the original video, but suffice it to say he lies about why he was convicted (claims because he told the truth; he is in fact a liar) and everything is communism. 2/
Claiming that an 18 month sentence makes a "public spectacle of the courts" and that it won't cause people to comply with the courts, Kevin says he needs to raise $20,000 to appeal the sentence. 3/
So, if you want a poorly designed hat that retails for $15 Kevin is willing to part with them for $200.

But don't worry. They will be "signed" by nobodies.

Hey, grifters gotta grift. 4/
Artur comes on and recounts his tale of woe.

In this clip Kijiji lies about "polling number 1" in the mayoral race, lies about Artur's arrest, and attacks the integrity of the courts.

Artur himself lies about the reason for his arrest. 5/
Artur has no shame or ability to engage in any kind of self-reflection. 6/
Artur praises Kevin as a "real journalist" while also condemning the "Chinese controlled" media.

His anti-Asian rants are a feature in this video as it turns out. 7/
Kijiji wistfully recalls the time they harassed journalists and bylaw officers. 8/
Now it is Artur's turn to attack the integrity of the court referring to judges (including Justice Rooke whom he names specifically) as being "crooked". 8/
I would say that Kevin is at least smart enough not to get into more trouble as he notes the court order to desist from attacking AHS employees, but, well, a broken clock can be right twice a day. 9/
Pawlowski discusses the reason for his trip to the Unites States where he met the most powerful people in the country.

He thinks a disgraced general, Donald Trump's 5th favourite legitimate child, and a pillow salesman are "powerful." 10/
Ever-so-humble Arthur REALLY liked being treated like a star in the United States.

Then we get Kevin's take on why Artur and he are loved by Americans while also taking a swipe at his recent legal woes which are totally not his fault. 11/
Artur then denigrates Muslims because of course he does.

It should be noted that the sentence for contempt Kevin Johnston received today was in large part for defamation of @mohamadfakih8 based on his Islamic faith. 12/
Also, Artur Pawlowski is a liar. 13/

westernstandardonline.com/2021/05/calgar…
Yeah, I don't like using "The Western Standard" as a source, but it is sort of poetic justice when a right-wing rag proves a right-wing bigot to be a liar so I'm okay with it. 14/
A lot to unpack here.

Artur claims the cranks he was with in the US were "real doctors" and the vaccine will kill people. Says Dr. Hinshaw not a real doctor. Misgenders Dr. Tam and claims she is a Chinese spy.

Kevin lies about a baby paralyzed by the Covid vaccine. 15/
Kevin promotes his campaign claiming "when" he wins there will be no vaxx passports or masks. Complains about his arrest and claims his friendship with Artur is a mitigating factor in his sentencing.

Artur claims his experience as a child makes him an expert on tyranny. 16/
It should be noted that by the time Artur and his family left Poland as a child, communism in Poland was already in decline as Solidarity was becoming a powerful force.

It isn't like he lived under Stalin. 17/
Artur encourages his supporters to engage in lawfare which is a bit ironic given the circumstances here.

Also, in Canada, the looser pays so he might want to consider that before urging his supporters to enter penury on his behalf. 18/
We interrupt this rant for a very important grift break for Kevin to beg his supporters to pay his legal fees and for his appeal and complain about it having been an "expensive year" for him. 19/
It will be no surprise for anyone to learn that Artur has a very high opinion of his own significance. 20/
Channeling his inner Trump, Kijiji wants HIS Canada back again when it was awesome and there was no racism until 1993 (thanks Liberals!).

Also... he just wants everyone to "do better."

At least he didn't say "be best." 21/
22/
Yep, you heard it.

Pawlowski thinks he is Martin Luther King Jr. and vaccine requirements are segregation.

I mean, he does know that people can get a vaccine but people can't choose NOT to be Black, right? 23/
Your reminder, and I really do think it should be a daily reminder, that Ed is an idiot with no real understanding of history other than what he may have picked up on "Ancient Aliens".

That last part may or may not be true, but it sort of feels true so... 24/
Kevin then lies about the media in claiming they are lying about him and then lies about the reason for his sentencing today, claiming that he was sentenced for having conservative opinions.

Also, he REALLY wants to sell you a $200 baseball cap. 25/
Holy hell, Ed JUST repeated the defamation of @mohamadfakih8 that has resulted in Kevin Johnston's 18 month sentence?!?!

Like, at one point does simple self-preservation come in?!?! 26/
Just shaking my head.

Ed claims Kijiji has evidence that will come out one day. Kevin lies about the evidence, and accuses the courts of fomenting civil war for not allowing him to defame people with impunity.

Really. Kevin Johnston is the Energizer Bunny of bad decisions. 27/
Pawlowski talks about his time in the US. It is boring so skip!

Kevin claims the Police told Artur that he could win the election. When Artur is asked to confirm, he doesn't actually do it with a lot of conviction. 28/
The rationale that Artur Pawlowski gives for why Kevin Johnston should be elected mayor is, as the kids say, SOOOO cringe! 29/
Also:

"Pawlowski, a controversial street minister, once claimed the 2013 southern Alberta floods were caused, in part, by God’s unhappiness about homosexuality."

calgaryherald.com/news/local-new…
"This is a lie from the pit of hell, perverted symbol that God has given to us.… They are using it to laugh at God, to shake their fingers at God saying, 'we don't care about your law, we don't care about you,'"

So yeah.

Freedom 31/

cbc.ca/news/canada/ca…
Artur doubles down on the use of an antiquated and offensive term for Black people and tells people if they don't know as much as he does they should keep their mouths such.

Because, you know, he is such a proponent of freedom. 32/
Two white, middle-aged men who hate "political correctness" don't care if you call them racist names like... white.

So brave.

I mean, a discussion on power discrepancies would be lost on them. 33/
To paraphrase Artur:

"I am very secure and don't care if I'm called names so Black people must just be insecure and should get over it."

No words. Just no words.

Also, he very much cares if people are not deferential towards him. He ain't fooling anyone. 33/
"I LOVE BEING A WHITE GUY!"

Really? I would have never guessed. 34/
The theology of Artur Pawlowski:

God doesn't like losers and arm up!

Like, what IS in that thermos he is drinking from??? 35/
No, really!

Is Artur drunk? 36/
Kijiji complains about being called a racist (he is and that is in court records now) in the media and makes spectacularly defamatory statements about @CBCMeg.

Artur says he should sue her for defamation.

Ladies and gentlemen, the irony is now ironic. 37/
FYI, @CBCMeg is a fantastic journalist. You should give her a follow. 38/
Not only is Artur Pawlowski a fringe, far-right, anti-LGTBQ, anti-immigrant, conspiracy theorist, but he also dabbles in (1) pop psychology and (2) prison-based arts n' crafts. 39/
I'm going to offer this with no additional comment. 40/
Okay, one more time because it this alone might be worth the entire video. 41/
Again, more shameless self-promotion though I do have to say the strategy of purposely annoying Calgary businesses with incessant phone calls is a bold strategy. 42/
And remember, it's "we" not "me." 43/
Yeah, this seems totally made up.

Also, a reminder that Kevin J Johnston is a liar and THAT too is proven in court along with his racism. 44/
Artur 1: "Kevin could win if he gets the most votes."

Thanks for that brave take numbnuts.

Artur 2: "If you don't vote for Kevin and my brother you are dumber than even I thought!"
Damn it! Broken thread!

Starts up again here.

He continues to throw around terms like treason, genocide, and slavery. He provides disinformation regarding ICUs.

Oh, and apparently Artur's mother had Covid which is sort of a record scratch moment. 46/
ARGH!!! Did it again!

I hate breaking these threads!

Starts up here:

Vaccine disinformation and both the worst and most disgusting health advice I have heard during the epidemic, both in purposely trying to scare parents into not vaccinating their children and the methods to "build up" their immune systems. 47/
Yet more self-promotion and begging.

It is rather unseemly. 48/
Well we have reached the end of the show so let's finish with more lies by Kevin... 49/
...and one final grift. 50/

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Kurt Phillips🧛‍♂️

Kurt Phillips🧛‍♂️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ARCCollective

Aug 8
1. By now I'm guessing that most of my Twitter followers are aware of the most recent threats against Trudeau and the subsequent of a suspect. I think there is an even more important story though related to the poisonous influence of social media

toronto.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-arrest-ma…
2. Dawid Zalewski was arrested for making death threats against the Prime Minister. The following video was posted to his second Facebook profile. Be warned that it may be triggering as it promotes graphic violence against the PM and others.
3. Zalewski is clearly not well, but I think would be wrong to dismissively call him "crazy" move on without further examination. There is a reason why he got to this point and I believe we can learn a great deal from his social media footprint.
Read 36 tweets
Aug 2
1. I’ve been enjoying my summer break and have not been paying a lick of attention to the Olympics. Until today however since Twitter has collectively lost the plot.
2. Earlier boxer Imane Khelif defeated her Italian opponent in the first round when Angela Carini quit after 45 seconds stating that she had never been hit so hard.

To be fair, I don’t enjoy being punched in the face either so I can at least sympathize with Carini.
3. Now a preliminary fight would never be important enough to make international news under normal circumstances however we are, as the saying goes, living in interesting times.
Read 39 tweets
Jul 25
1. Given what is happening in Jasper, these all seem to be especially relevant.

pressprogress.ca/albertas-ucp-g…
Read 8 tweets
Jun 25
1. Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (aka Tommy Robinson) was arrested in Calgary on an immigration warrant apparently. He may have since been released, though he has to turn in his passport and remain in southern Alberta.

I'd prefer that he be kicked out immediately.
2. Despite claiming to have been a "political prisoner" many of Yaxley-Lennon's criminal convictions his Islamophobic "activism" and a number of convictions since have had nothing to do with his political views.
3. In 2005, he was convicted assaulting a police officer who intervened during an argument Yaxley-Lennon was having with his then girlfriend.
Read 12 tweets
May 15
1/ It's been a while since I've done a thread here, but the recent focus on Pat King got me to wondering what was up with his own Salacious Crumb, Tyson "Freedom George" Billings.

cbc.ca/news/canada/ot…
2/ Last time I looked at Billings he was a part of the efforts to set up a permenant camp outside Ottawa so there could be daily protests, though the original plan involved surrounding the police and arresting politicians.

Suffice to say it didn't go anywhere.
3/ Billings and Ron Clark soon headed home, but they both soon got involved in other protests including the anti-carbon tax protests occurring in the province. The numbers at these events have been small but that hasn't stopped from politicians from courting the fringes it seems. Image
Read 37 tweets
Mar 26
1/ Though I'm not especially active these days, I'm still sometimes gobsmacked by some of the ridiculous (though sadly effective) rage farming by some on the right. Harrison Faulkner of "True North" is just a recent example of that. Image
2/ So a bit of background. Musical artist Karan Aujla won the 2024 TikTok Juno Fan Choice Award at the award ceremony this past weekend.

I think it was this weekend. Truth be told I don't pay a lot of attention to awards shows.

3/ It should be noted that Aujla has been in Canada for years emigrating as an orphan. He graduated from high school in Canada. The album was produced by a Canadian on a Canadian label.

He has made his home here.
Read 23 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(