Eren Bali Profile picture
Oct 18, 2021 7 tweets 3 min read Read on X
I made a list of corporate logos with a hidden message.

I promise you’ve never seen this before 🧵
In the Amazon logo, the yellow arrow links letters "a to z", which represents how much Amazon learns about their competitors’ business by allowing to sell them on Amazon Marketplace.
Apple’s logo is an apple. But the transition from the colorful Apple to the light gray color in recent version symbolizes a company which is becoming a shadow of its former self.

They’ve been fading out the logo by 10% each year after Steve Jobs died.
The Facebook logo has two characters in it. The first one is the blue “f”. If you flip the logo upside down, you will now see the letter “u”. These two characters combined is a short letter from Zuckerberg to the whole world.
LinkedIn’s logo is a tribute to the early Web 2.0 era look and feel, which is the last time they built anything interesting.
MasterCard logo is a tribute to the power of duopolies. They launched this logo to end the rivalry with Visa and instead work together to squeeze the market.
I tweet weekly about startup insights. Follow me at @erenbali

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Eren Bali

Eren Bali Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @erenbali

Oct 5, 2023
Having dinner with couple people in the company. We came to a big realization:

Every single decision we made in 2021 was a mistake.
The nuanced thing to say would be that majority of decisions turned out to be bad in hindsight of market shift, but that wouldn’t be a catchy tweet.
Read 5 tweets
Dec 27, 2021
What’s the most important job of the CEO?

A thread🧵
Make
sure
Read 10 tweets
Jul 31, 2021
Yesterday, Bernard Arnault passed Jeff Bezos to become the world's richest person.

Here’s the story 🧵

Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault[1] (French: [bɛʁnaʁ ʒɑ̃ etjɛn aʁno]; born 5 March 1949) is a French investor, businessman and art collector.[2][3]
He is the chairman and chief executive of LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton SE, the world's largest luxury goods company.[4] A centibillionaire, Arnault is one of the wealthiest men in the world according to a 2021 Forbes report.[5]
Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault was born on 5 March 1949, in Roubaix, France.[6][7] His mother, Marie-Josèphe Savinel, daughter of Étienne Savinel, had a "fascination for Dior". His father, manufacturer Jean Léon Arnault, a graduate of École Centrale Paris,
Read 7 tweets
Jul 21, 2021
We’ve just raised a $350m round led by @blackstone. @katiedjennings had a great write up about our ambitions.
forbes.com/sites/katiejen…

I’m happy to see our “great healthcare for everyone” vision getting closer to reality. This was an uphill battle with a lot of bumps in the road.
We’ve always believed that everyone deserves access to great health, and with the money we already spend, we should be able to do this 3x over. But digital-only approaches are not enough.
We need an omnichannel approach that includes clinics, virtual care and devices. These have existed independently in the market, but no one has integrated them in a way that reduces friction for patients while still keeping it affordable.
Read 7 tweets
Dec 27, 2020
We have spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to bring full price transparency to healthcare payments but haven’t been able to make much progress. Let me explain why this is hard 🧵
Our goal is to predict patient responsibility of a visit as soon as possible. Ideally this would be calculated real-time in our EHR so that clinicians can do cost/value trade offs with the patient while ordering things that impact the cost (procedures, diagnostic tests, etc)
The main independent variables here are
1) Complexity of the evaluation (usually 1-5)
2) Additional services like labs, procedures, medical imaging etc which are modeled as CPT codes
3) The nature of the work done (preventive, sick visit, etc) which are mapped to service types
Read 11 tweets
Jun 24, 2020
1/ I came to this country 10 years ago on an H1B visa. In this period I started 2 companies: @udemy and @CarbonHealth. Udemy now employs ~700 people, provides ongoing income to 50k instructors and improves employability of tens of millions of Americans by helping close skill gaps
2/ @CarbonHealth employs ~350 ppl and will create 10s of thousands of jobs + health care access in many underserved communities. In addition to working on the frontlines of the pandemic, we have been helping companies reopen safely and thus retain employees.
3/ And this is not just about the immigrant founders. There are million of employees on work visas that are vital to the success of many tech companies. The recent ban on H1, L and J visas will do nothing but hurt companies and cause increased unemployment
whitehouse.gov/presidential-a…
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(