ilemi Profile picture
Nov 17, 2021 β€’ 8 tweets β€’ 4 min read β€’ Read on X
🚨 DAO research op!

Question: How do we provide more context around tokens and their communities? Can this be represented by a "pulse"?

I dive into a framework for thinking about it and some research goals in the article, but here's a summary...

ath.mirror.xyz/Hiijmt_gzv5_Hf…
Right now, when I joined a community like @FWBtweets one of the main screens I see is this:

it tells me nothing about the token really, or the community around it. To really think deeply about this and what we should show, we need to examine web2 vs web3 communities again.
In web2, the management of a community is fairly top-down and discovery is fairly shallow. The area of discovery is likely highly customized and moderated by the community leaders!
In web3, community leaders have full control of their stack. But they have less power on the largest surfaces of discovery, given the inherent composability of the ecosystem.

I go into some examples of this with @viamirror , @PoolTogether_ , @FWBtweets, @graphprotocol, and more
Given this uncontrollable surface area and much deeper discovery stack - we have our work cut out for us!

I propose trying to find the "pulse" of a token at each layer of context, to really convey information about a community much more concisely. Some starter questions:
But this matters for more than just presenting a better interface - it brings together token health with community health!

Having this data impacts three key groups:
Web3 communities can't really bankrupt like a typical company, but they can definitely still become zombies - no pulse at all. And if your token is trading actively but has no pulse/context - well that’s a clear warning sign too.
tldr; we need to identify the right data points on tokens/communities and standardize them into an open API.

I've listed some goals for this research below. If you're interested in being a core contributor, please fill out this form by Nov 26! docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAI…

β€’ β€’ β€’

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
γ€€

Keep Current with ilemi

ilemi Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @andrewhong5297

Jun 15
Many data analysts start out by querying on Dune right away. Instead, they should first learn to break down transactions, traces, and logs on any block explorer.

I've put together a new comprehensive guide for that!

Let's start by understanding the transaction tab: Image
You'll first need to learn to distinguish contract addresses from EOA addresses, which is normally obvious based on if there is a long hex string in the input data or not. Image
Thankfully, we have ABIs that define exactly how variables are encoded into functions (and logs). That means we get to read this instead!

The transaction input kicks off all of the following contract calls and logs, think of it is as the root of the action. Image
Read 12 tweets
Apr 25
The memecoin craze is back, led in part by the Farcaster with coins like DEGEN, ENJOY, and HIGHER.

I created a dashboard that gives coins financial and social scores, so communities can understand how they stack up against one other and investors can better understand risks.Image
Generally, memecoins go through five or so life stages as they fight to be at the top. Image
I first created weekly score for each coin based on caster and engagement activity on Farcaster, taking into account the number of casters that have held a given token Image
Read 7 tweets
Feb 2
Farcaster is taking crypto by storm, recently crossing 10k in DAUs. But how does it all work, and how can you work with the data?

I'll walk through the whole protocol and all data structures, and teach you how to query it using Dune and Neynar

πŸ“šLink to guide at the end Image
First, you need to understand what's onchain and what's offchain.

The onchain part is split into three contracts to purely handle user registration. When a user registers, they are given an fid and custody address, as well as some storage units. Image
Here's an example transaction, and I've broken down this transaction in a query so you can see the Dune tables that you should use to access this data.

optimistic.etherscan.io/tx/0xf2fcd6350…
Read 12 tweets
Jan 12
🚨 New Bytexplorers Quest πŸ”

Our first weekly quest is live! Submit your best data work on @jokerace_xyz. This will open each week at noon on Wednesdays and close at midnight on Sundays.

You'll get to earn tokens, and get direct feedback from me and the community. Image
Having a Bytepass is required to participate - a snapshot is taken right before each quest.

Don't know what that is? Check out this thread explaining the Bytexplorers and how to join us.

We're already a group of 80 active members!

You can submit any kind of data work. The goal here is to continuously curate the best work in the data ecosystem, while letting you build your reputation onchain.

Get those queries, dashboards, reports, scripts, tools, and models in here! Image
Read 9 tweets
Jan 9
I'm launching the Bytexplorers, an onchain community for crypto data people to learn and earn together.

Anyone can join by minting a bytepass, and then participating in weekly quests.

πŸ” link to learn more and join is in my bio πŸ‘ˆ Image
The first quest will be a set of weekly questions on
jokerace, where you can submit anything you've created. I want to see the work you are most proud of - it can be queries, charts, reports, etc.

Quests start each Thursday. You must mint a bytepass beforehand to participate. Image
By participating in quests like the one above, you can earn "guild tokens" and move up in "tiers". More quests on more platforms will be released over time.

The "guild token" count is the number in the bottom left of the Bytepass, and the "tier" is the symbol in the middle.
Read 5 tweets
Aug 16, 2023
Ready to become part of the top 1% of data wizards in the Ethereum space? πŸ§™πŸ†

I've put together my most comprehensive guide on getting the most out of @DuneAnalytics , covering advanced topics and many of my own little tips and tricks.

(link to guide at the end) Image
If you don't already know basic SQL and how to navigate Dune tables - start with the beginners guide.

If you understand one protocol like @Uniswap v2, but cannot easily break down other protocols by yourself - you are at the right level for this guide.
Once you understand how the data flows, you need to build a strong mental framework for abstracting protocols into easy to remember bits.

All patterns you see have developed over time, with many becoming EIP/ERC standards. Protocols like @opensea develop their own SIPs as well. Image
Read 11 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(