Jimmy Falun Gong Profile picture
Nov 20, 2021 10 tweets 3 min read Read on X
second to last Krupp episode, and terminally online types ought to love it, because it's exploring postwar Germans framing themselves as a nation oppressed by international imperialism and working with Third World nations to do business, lol
Vera Hossenfeldt, the con artist who got Alfried to marry her, lol
Konrad Adenauer, chancellor of West Germany
on their honeymoon, Alfried and Vera Krupp went to the Savoy and then flew to Nassau
who'd they meet in Nassau on their honeymoon? Axel Wenner-Gren, of course

for meetings. about, you know, things.
the first head of state to visit the Krupps was the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Elect of God
some people know about the Elizabeth Taylor diamond, but not everyone knows that it was formerly the Krupp diamond, which Alfried bought for Vera
Alfried was in Egypt meeting with Otto Skorzeny, who had been on Krupp Steel's payroll. whoops.
Harald Krupp, who was captured and sent to a gulag for his crimes lmao
it's fun, check it out

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jimmy Falun Gong

Jimmy Falun Gong Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JimmyFalunGong

Mar 24
the end of Programmed to Chill Image
[cue up 'See you Again'] Image
we all knew it was coming, right?
Read 37 tweets
Mar 22
how about one last thread for the road? maybe the second to last? Image
I’m a fan of Cuba and the Cuban people. Politically, I support ending the embargo and the repeal of the Helms-Burton act. I think Fidel Castro and Che Guevara were some of the most interesting figures of the 20th century. There is much to admire in the Cuban project. Image
I’m always a fan of subterranean histories, especially when they intersect with insurrectionary and/or revolutionary history. What’s the parapolitics take on Cuba? What still remains to be studied with the Cuban Revolution? Image
Read 292 tweets
Mar 15
CONTRIBUTORS
Roman Broszkowski @RBroszkowski is a freelance writer covering Eastern Europe. Image
@RBroszkowski Image
Read 24 tweets
Mar 1
a thread: a couple days ago, Daniela Klette, age 65, of the Red Army Faction’s third generation was arrested. Image
a lot of people are saying Bellingcat and/or podcasters found her. it's not entirely clear which, but it looks like some German podcasters for like a Most Wanted type podcast found her using AI tools, and then either they or a Bellingcat guy sent it to the cops Image
via the NYT article, the Bellingcat guy said “Somebody like me, who does not speak German, who does not know much beyond the basic background of Daniela Klette — Why was I able to find such a lead in like literally 30 minutes?” Image
Read 148 tweets
Feb 9
a thread on the humble baleada: Image
for various reasons I’m obsessed with the baleada. it’s become one of my all-time favorite dishes. Image
the baleada is in some ways THE national dish of Honduras. what’s known for sure is that the baleada was invented in La Ceiba on the beautiful northern coast of Honduras. some claim that it was originally a Mayan dish (which I'll discuss later)
Read 130 tweets
Jan 28
nw Image
you're telling me
the power of one lone crank on the internet Image
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(