Ryan J. Reilly Profile picture
Dec 1, 2021 18 tweets 6 min read Read on X
“What do you want me to tell you? That I
tased him? Yes. Am I a fucking piece of shit? Yes.”

Here’s Trump fanatic Danny Rodriguez confessing to electroshocking D.C. Officer Mike Fanone on Jan. 6.

(Will add key moments of the FBI interview here as the videos process.)
Danny Rodriguez was arrested by the FBI in March, one month after he was named in a HuffPost story as the rioter who electroshocked Officer Mike Fanone. Now he's trying to get his confession suppressed. huffpost.com/entry/daniel-r…
Danny Rodriguez: "Trump called us. Trump called us to D.C... he's the commander in chief and the leader of our country, and he's calling for help -- I thought he was calling for help."
Here's Danny Rodriguez talking about how he tried to join the Army after Trump became president and showed up to a recruitment center in a Trump shirt.
FBI: "the court of public opinion has a story from the Huffington Post, has a story from Waterspider on Twitter, from Antifa and BLM."

Danny Rodriguez: "My story is just that we thought that we were going to save America, and we were wrong."
FBI: "We talked about the story that's being written by -- about Danny, right? Danny gets to choose if he writes a story today with us. But right now, the story that's being told is by D.C. -- is by Antifa, BLM, and the Huffington Post."
"I don't fly because I have issues with flying. But there was an idea that, if anybody needed to take anything, like, weed maybe, knife, pepper spray, that stuff's not going to be able to get on the plane."
FBI: "Full disclosure, all the cards are out on the table, you're looking at seven federal felony counts. Seven."

Danny Rodriguez: "What is that? The rest of my life in prison?"

FBI: "It's a lot of years, man."
"We felt that they stole the election... we felt that they stole this country, that it's gone, it's wiped out. America's over... it's very stupid and ignorant, and I see that it's a big joke, that we thought that we thought that we were going to save this country."
"We thought we were... part of a bigger thing. We thought we were being used as a part of a plan to save the country, to save America, save The Constitution, and the election, the integrity."
Q. You thought you were that three percent guy.

A. (Crying.)

"I'm so stupid. I thought I was going to be awesome. I thought I was a good guy."
FBI: "Tasering Officer Fanone, that was a really bad choice, too."

RODRIGUEZ: "Yeah."

FBI: "But..."

RODRIGUEZ: "I just thought that were going to end up..."

FBI: "On the right side."
Danny Rodriguez: "Am I mental? Am I? Am I just that stupid?... Did we all really just -- are we all that stupid that we thought we were going to go do this and save the country and it was all going to be fine after? We really thought that. That's so stupid, huh?"
"I thought that I was doing the right thing. I thought it was all going to be different. I thought Trump was going to stay President. I don't know. I just can't believe my life, what I did to it."
MR. RODRIGUEZ: Is there really going to be all these prison cells open for all of us or what?

AGENT ELIAS: What are you talking about?

MR. RODRIGUEZ: Is there enough room for all those 10,000 patriots?

AGENT ELIAS: Do you follow QAnon very much?
Story here. Working on getting the whole video up today. huffpost.com/entry/danny-ro…
Meanwhile, a right-wing pundit who has appeared with Tucker Carlson and Megyn Kelly and previously called Mike Fanone a “crisis actor” is now claiming that a MAGA hatted rioter who drove a stun gun into Fanone’s neck was framed “bc he protested.” Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Ryan J. Reilly

Ryan J. Reilly Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ryanjreilly

Jul 18
Jan. 6 defendant Alan Hostetter's motion for release after the Supreme Court's ruling in the Fischer case, denied.
“These conspiracy theories are no longer fringe." nbcnews.com/politics/justi…
“Once the Ashli Babbitt psy-op falls, this whole thing becomes undone."
Read 5 tweets
Jul 11
Re: The 6th

"there really is no centralized role in this for Defense or the Federal government components. This sits squarely in MPD's realm. I'm trying to tamp this down with the Deputy like I have the last couple of protests but this one may be different..." Image
From the latest batch of FBI emails on Jan. 6:

"It's her very first day in this position. He didn't tell her what the document was, or who wrote it, unfortunately and then went back to the 7th floor for more meetings..."

vault.fbi.gov/united-states-…
"This has a huge potential to be a hot mess." Image
Read 5 tweets
Jul 8
🚨 🚨 🚨

The only man known to have participated in both the newsman fight in Anchorman (2004) and the U.S. Capitol attack (2021) has formally pleaded guilty in connection with the latter.
Jay Johnston’s sentencing hearing in DC is set for Oct. 7, not long before his Mr. Show colleague David Cross appears in DC at the Warner Theater for his “The End Of The Beginning Of The End” show.
Read 8 tweets
Jul 5
THREAD: Over two years ago, a Jan. 6 defendant told a court that he'd witnessed Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes (now serving an 18 year seditious conspiracy sentence) that he'd witnessed Rhodes try to contact Donald Trump during the Capitol attack.
That Jan. 6 defendant, William Todd Wilson, admitted that he heard Rhodes “repeatedly implore" an unidentified party he was speaking with "to tell President Trump to call upon groups like the Oath Keepers to forcibly oppose a transfer of power." nbcnews.com/politics/justi…
Rhodes himself was convicted at trial and, in May 2023, sentenced to 18 years in federal prison. But that phone call wasn't a focus for prosecutors.

nbcnews.com/politics/justi…
Read 4 tweets
Jul 1
Dissent: Image
Dissent: the majority “invents an atextual, ahistorical, and unjustifiable immunity that puts the President above the law.” Image
"The Court effectively creates a law-free zone around the President, upsetting the status quo that has existed since the Founding."
Read 5 tweets
Jun 25
🚨🚨🚨

The only man known to have participated in both the News Fight in Anchorman (2004) and the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol (2021) plans to plead guilty on July 8, per court docket.
He doesn’t count for any “law enforcement officers who stormed the Capitol” stats, but he’s certainly played a cop a bunch! nbcnews.com/politics/justi…

Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(