Molly Jong-Fast Profile picture
Dec 1, 2021 14 tweets 3 min read Read on X
Listening to these oral arguments and Oy vey.
You can hear Roberts robertsing
ACB is talking about adoption.
A lot of conversations about viability but let me tell you this is going no where good.
We know where justice Alito is going here
Breyer sounds mad at the 6 conservative justices.
This is the most justice Thomas has ever spoken.
Alito is positively giddy
Justice Keg stand is arguing states rights when it comes to abortion
Keg stands microphone just went out.
You’re the most powerful court in America and you can’t get your microphones to work?
I hope Susan collins is listening to this
Here’s the US solicitor general Explaining fundamental rights of women to justice Kavanaugh because irony
Whoa Scott Stewart is arguing that abortions are more expensive than birth control. 🙃

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Molly Jong-Fast

Molly Jong-Fast Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @MollyJongFast

Mar 30
I spent a lot of time reading about project 2025 and now honestly I’m kind of completely freaked out.
“Restoring the American family” by making work requirements for food stamps Image
Comparing tech companies to drug dealers, okay this I don’t hate but I can’t imagine this is popular with anyone Image
Read 4 tweets
Mar 8
This is a good speech and Biden seems really fiery and keyed up.
Biden calling out the January 6 insurrectionists while standing right in front of a guy who tried to overturn the 2020 election Image
“You can’t love this country only when you win.” @JoeBiden
Read 29 tweets
Dec 10, 2023
I remember when Texas bill SB8 passed almost a year before the Dobbs decision, that women like Kate cox would be denied life saving medical care in the name of “life.” I take no pleasure in being right. The case of Kate cox proves definitively that abortion is healthcare.
Republican politicians have made it clear that they think they know more than doctors when it comes to women’s healthcare

Brittany Watts is going to trial for having her miscarriage in a toilet

theroot.com/what-black-wom…
Read 4 tweets
Nov 7, 2023
I wrote about the weird republican primary in @VanityFair

vanityfair.com/news/2023/11/d…
You may not realize it, but the Republican primary is still happening. The third GOP debate takes place Wednesday night; five candidates will be onstage, despite having no chance at the nomination, with almost all of them polling nationally …

Ron DeSantis—the brief obsession of tech bros and the one candidate who might have been the political heir to Donald Trump—has badly stumbled, with a veteran strategist telling Politico in September that the governor’s campaign was “on life support.”

Read 4 tweets
Oct 30, 2023
I wrote about the new very trumpy speaker of the house MAGA MIKE

vanityfair.com/news/2023/10/m…
Republicans made a guy who dresses like Paul Ryan but acts like Sidney Powell their Speaker. Perhaps this will delight deep red MAGA types, but more mainstream voters may be turned off by a political leader who says, “Go pick up a Bible….

After more than three weeks of abject chaos, Republicans finally united behind relative newcomer Mike Johnson. It was like so many things done in this Trumpified Republican Party—sloppy and strange and without much forethought.

Read 6 tweets
Sep 5, 2023
I wrote about how the Biden administration is getting a lot done and not getting a lot of coverage of it

vanityfair.com/news/2023/09/j…
The problem for Team Biden is that its superpower, its ability to slide under the radar while getting a lot done for the American people, may also be its Achilles heel, holding back the administration from getting the credit it deserves.

It’s not that boringness can’t win elections, as Wisconsin governor Tony Evers can attest. “Boring wins,” he declared after winning reelection in 2022 by 3.4 points, which could be considered a landslide in such an evenly split state.

Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(