Ryan J. Reilly Profile picture
Dec 7, 2021 5 tweets 3 min read Read on X
DOJ said on Friday that Andrew Ericson’s belief that violence and destruction on Jan. 6 "was perpetrated by members of Antifa” dressed as Trump supporters shows a "failure to acknowledge the full consequences” of Jan. 6.

“Who is to say” antifa wasn't there, writes his lawyer. ImageImage
"Ericson was not the cause of January 6th riot, nor was he in the classification of protestors that caused physical harm to the Capitol.” storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.usco… Image
"Mr. Ericson believed what he read on the internet and heard from the President himself - that the election had been stolen.” storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.usco… Image
"He reported taking a beer from a refrigerator located outside [Pelosi’s] office. He claimed that, shortly after he did so, a SWAT operator came into the room and ordered all occupants to put their hands up. Ericson complied by dropping the beer, which shattered on the ground." ImageImage
"Defendant Ericson took a Corona Light beer out of a mini refrigerator. The video cuts out before showing whether Mr. Ericson started to drink the beer, although he later told someone that is what he did."

DOJ wants 60 days for Andrew Ericson. storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.usco… Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Ryan J. Reilly

Ryan J. Reilly Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ryanjreilly

Jun 25
🚨🚨🚨

The only man known to have participated in both the News Fight in Anchorman (2004) and the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol (2021) plans to plead guilty on July 8, per court docket.
He doesn’t count for any “law enforcement officers who stormed the Capitol” stats, but he’s certainly played a cop a bunch! nbcnews.com/politics/justi…

Read 7 tweets
Jun 19
Let’s take a look at the conduct of Jan. 6 defendants sentenced to 10 years in federal prison, shall we? Image
First up there’s this guy.

Did he get 10 years for walking in the Capitol?

No, that was mostly the vicious assault, and the blatant (almost comical) lying on the stand didn’t help.

nbcnews.com/politics/justi…
How about this guy, did he get 10 years just for walking in the Capitol?

Nah, see, that was mostly — and I’m gonna repeat myself here — the vicious assault. Probably also didn’t help that he fled ahead of his sentencing.

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/f…
Read 4 tweets
Jun 13
Lots of false claims about Jan. 6 grandmas on this site, so just pointing out that a J6 grandmom sentenced today got approval to take a trip to France for D-Day events right before her sentencing.

Kymberly Sylvester received probation, $500 in restitution, and no fine. On Zoom.
"I had an encounter with a young man wearing a 'Coon-skin hat', who was very close to me in the crowd. He stated to me it was a good day to 'kill someone.'"

"I entered the building with pure stupidity and there is simply no excuse for that... It is hard to live with the fact that I was a part of a crowd who ultimately caused great harm to the Capitol police.Image
Defense memo: "Starting in 2008, Kimberly began organizing yearly trips for WWII veterans and their families for DDay memorial events in France through Honor Flights."
Read 4 tweets
May 30
“I was a gun prosecutor — we never prosecuted addicts for lying and buying on federal forms,” Gowdy said. “So, I don’t think Hunter Biden ought to be singled out either. Go after him on taxes, go after him on corruption…
“But I’d be curious how many people were prosecuted for being an addict in possession of a firearm, and I’ll bet it’s less than 10 in the last 12 months…”
“I don’t think people ought to be singled out because of their last name. Treat him like you would ‘Hunter Smith,’ even though it’s Hunter Biden.”
Read 4 tweets
May 29
NEW: Yesterday, Michael Fanone — the former police officer who was nearly killed by Trump rioters who actually believed the former president's lies about the 2020 election — called Donald Trump an "authoritarian" with "a violence fetish."

Hours later, his mom was swatted.
"This is the reality of going up against or challenging Donald Trump... These swatting calls are incredibly f---ing dangerous..."

“All I do is go out there and talk about what happened to me and so many other police officers, like I always have, and this is the recourse,” Fanone said. “This is the direct result of that.”

Read 12 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(