Harshil Gupta Profile picture
Jan 22, 2022 12 tweets 6 min read Read on X
Sure mam

In this thread, I will be writing about some of temples that I have visited till now. I am fond of photography so attached the photos here clicked by me only 😁

@ShefVaidya #OurTrueHistory
As I am from Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. Will start from the temples of my city.

1. Teli ka Mandir
Teli Ka Mandir is a temple located within the confines of Gwalior fort. This is one of the most misunderstood temples as it seems as a combination of Nagara and Dravida style but Image
but this temple is of Nagara Architecture with 'Vallabhi Shikhara' .Taking the height of 100 feet, this is the tallest temple in the Gwalior fort complex This temple is mainly dedicated to Lord Vishnu in the form of his mount Garuda.
2. Sahastrabahu temple
Sahastrabahu Temple is situated in the east of Gwalior fort. This temple was constructed by the King Mahipala of Kachchwaha dynasty 1092 CE . The temple in picture is locally known as Saas temple and besides it there is another temple known as Bahu temple. Image
So, this pair of temple locally known as Saas- Bahu Temple or Sahastrabahu Temple. Sahastrabahu is referred to the Thousand armed or Lord Vishnu. Intricately carved ' Dwara', stunning and Breath taking 'Maha Mandapa' will take your heart.
3.Ever thought, from Where the Design of our 'Sansad' was inspired?🤔
Yes, this is the place Where the design came from.
Situated 40 kms away from Gwalior (M.P)This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and consists of 64 small yogini temple surrounding the main Central Temple Image
4. Rani Ki Vav, Patan
Rani ki Vav is a wonder in itself. It is constructed by Rani Udayamati, the Queen of Bhimdeva -1 (1022-1063 AD) son of MulaRaja, the Founder of Solanki Dynasty of Anahilveada Patan in the last quarter of 11th Century A.D. ImageImageImageImage
This Stepwell was buried for centuries and suffered damage in the past due to the negligence and flood in the river Saraswati. Till 1960's nobody knew that there existed the Most Ornate and Highly Sculptured Vav at this time.ASI started its excavations there in 1958.
5. Adalaj Stepwell, Ahemdabad
Adalaj Stepwell is a beautiful descending five stories deep Stepwell. It was built in 1499 to hold water and provide it to local people and also to offer spiritual sustenance. Hindu King Rana Veer Singh started construction. ImageImageImageImage
However, before it was finished, he entered into a war with Muslim King Mehmud Begada.
And then it was finished by the Queen Rudabai. It is unique as it is the only Stepwell with three sets of entrance stairs. They all meet on the first level down at a large square platform.
6. Baijnath temple, Himachal Pradesh
Lord Shiva here is celebrated as the Lord of Physician or Vaidyanath and has been established here in the form of Shiva Lingam. Key Sanctum of the temple has five projections on each of its sides. It is belief that Ravana had worshipped here Image
7. Kapleeshwarar Temple, Chennai
It is one of the sacred shrines of Tamil Nadu. It is a Siva Temple, and the name of the Lord is ARULMIGU KAPALEESWARAR. The name of the Goddess is ARULMIGU KARPAGAMBAL . There is also big tank on its West Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Harshil Gupta

Harshil Gupta Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(