🌊Cyndia BLUE
Feb 1, 2022 7 tweets 3 min read Read on X
Another recommended reading list courtesy of the Texas Taliban. nbcnews.com/news/us-news/t…
TX wants to ban "White Bird," a graphic novel about a Jewish teen living in France after Nazis seized power, because it's "biased" & could lead to the "skewing of a young child's mind."

"Biased" against Nazis and genocide.
"New Kid," a graphic novel about a Black seventh grader at a mostly white school, must be banned because it is "about critical race theory, which is forbidden by Texas law."
"Woke" is dangerous because a dad in a Dallas suburb says these poems by women of color on topics relating to social justice, activism & discrimination promote "terrorism."

Poems to raise awareness on injustice is "terrorism," but storming the capitol to scare senators is not.
A parent suggests replacing "How to be an Anti-Racist" with the Bible, a book that condones slavery.
An Eanes parent wants to ban "A Good Kind of Trouble, a novel about a 12-year-old girl who gets involved in the Black Lives Matter movement, because it might cause a white child to feel "confusion or distress."
"We Rise, We Resist, We Raise Our Voices, an illustrated collection of poems and essays about overcoming prejudice & racism shouldn't be allowed in schools, an Eanes parent wrote, because it "promotes discrimination."

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with 🌊Cyndia BLUE "Unstable Genius"

🌊Cyndia BLUE

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @malinablue

Jul 6, 2023
Happy thread:

Reflecting on the random people in my 55 years who live in my memory forever for their routine kindnesses:

1) The elderly lady in my working-class Baltimore neighborhood whose entire tiny row house yard was flowers - every inch. No grass. She'd lean over her...
...chainlink fence when you - a complete stranger - walked by & offer a bouquet of flowers. I was a child & never knew her name, but still see her beaming face & her glorious garden decades later. My sister remembers her too. We both started gardens this year, thinking of her.
2) The elementary school librarian who pulled me aside in 1st grade to whisper there would no longer be a limit to how many books I could check out - a privilege granted, she claimed, only to me. Our school strictly limited books according to grade level, but I visited every day
Read 20 tweets
May 25, 2022
If you think masks or learning about racism is traumatizing, try training to hide from a school shooter.

Did you know in shooter drills some kids are purposefully locked out of their classrooms to bang on doors pleading for help to see if their classmates will open the door?
Kids don’t always know the drills aren’t real, either.
My kids both had regular nightmares about school shootings. My daughter's 1st school dance ended with her terrified, calling me in tears to say she was outside in a clump of trees hiding with a bunch of other panicked teens because of gunshots.
Read 8 tweets
May 16, 2022
Has anyone here experienced a hypnagogic hallucination? Over the past year, I've experienced this 6 times & it creeps me out so much I'm almost afraid to go to sleep.

It's a type of dream hallucination you experience as you fall asleep, often associated with sleep paralysis.
In my case (&, apparently, this is the same for many who have them), I believe I am still awake & feel a presence on the side of the bed. I turn over, thinking it's one of my kids who needs me, to see a scary humanoid figure with a face I can't quite make out. It's terrifying.
The dream figure wraps its arms around me or lifts me or touches me in some way & I am paralyzed, trying to scream & wake myself up & unable to do so. The figure is similar every time - a kind of gray shape with features that shift or are ambiguous.
Read 8 tweets
May 15, 2022
The Right is pushing the idea of Civil War again. What if this time we let them go? Give them a couple of states down South (like Florida since they think climate change isn’t real) & say “good luck with your govt, you’ll need a visa to visit us again.” We will issue no visas.
If we do this, then I’m changing my stance on the wall.
I say this only partly in jest. I’m really coming to the conclusion differences between us are too great. They want a fascist white theocracy where they can worship guns. We want a diverse democratic society where people aren’t gunned down daily.
Read 5 tweets
May 15, 2022
If you remain registered as a Republican at this point in time, please know that you are an evil bastard on par with Nazis. Your party has embraced white supremacy. They are fascists who want to control women, ban books, starve immigrant infants, criminalize being gay.
You are in the party of hate. Just look around you at your next Trump rally. Your fellow Republicans are now sporting swastika tattoos & carrying Confederate flags. You know what that stands for & it sure as hell isn’t “state’s rights” or “history.”
Look at who you stand with. There is no longer any such thing as a moderate Republican. The moderates have left. If you haven’t left, then you are a hateful bastard. It’s really that simple. It’s why your friends & family no longer wish to be around you. Unless they’re Nazis too.
Read 17 tweets
May 13, 2022
Infuriating to hear pundits say Trump can't be charged w/ mishandling classified info because he has power to declassify.

Did he declassify top-secret docs before taking to Mar-a-Lago? What is process?

Can he show classified docs to anyone? What if he decides to share w/ Putin?
What if we were to discover he shared classified info w/ Putin or MBS & received payment for it? Would that be under his presidential authority?

It's likely Kushner gave MBS classified intel to help him consolidate power even tho our intel says that was against US interests.
Then Kushner got 12 billion from the Saudis to invest for them. Tell me, PLEASE, that this is a crime because if this is covered by presidential authority, then we are more corrupt than all the countries we attack as corrupt.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(