decolonize.ca Profile picture
Feb 9, 2022 42 tweets 18 min read Read on X
Alright. After reviewing all of the events that took place on Saturday in Toronto, while they do seem relatively tame in comparison to Ottawa, there were still a number of people driving vehicles representing businesses that were willfully breaking traffic and city-by-laws.
The Toronto Police reported to the CBC that a Peel ambulance was slowed down on Saturday in Toronto. To which the police state

'This is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.'

Strong words that were followed up inaction by TPS. Image
This thread may be of service to those who were negatively affected in any way by the illegal acts of those who participated in the 'so-called' protest on Saturday in Toronto.

Lets call it what it is. A slow roll down city streets, that intentionally disrupted & blocked traffic.
Here's our first slow roller. While I will try to focus on businesses, rather than private vehicles.

Some of these trucks hung around and circled the city well after the majority of the 'protest' was finished. This was a coordinated effort to disrupt traffic.

St.Clair/Ave. Image
Here's another slow roller. stopping at a green light on Avenue. ImageImage
While the right-hand lane is open in this photo, there were numerous times when vehicles were intentionally stopped and blocked both lanes. Image
Another slow roller. Concrete Pumping. ImageImage
Another slow roller. Toilet man. Image
Then we have this vehicle. Who's driver felt like what they were doing was so right and just, that they covered up the name of the business on their company vehicle.

liberty? ImageImageImageImage
Then we got this honking big slow roller.

Back view of the logistics 5 ton. ImageImageImage
These Freedom Canada folks got some decals made just for the occasions. ImageImageImage
Then we got this honking slow roller. Not an expert, but I don't think this thing is allowed to be slow-rolling through the city. What do I know though? ImageImageImage
Then we have this honking slow roller. Who gets into the right lane and blocks cars turning off St. Clair (video shows this more clear) ImageImage
Another honking slow-rolling big rig. Image
Here's an interesting pair. This looks like an undercover cop car. Even has the weird side light on it too. Weird. ImageImage
Lots of big gaps like this. The slow roll through my neighborhood was well over an hour and a half of honking and aggressive drivers delaying traffic. Image
Here's a real brave freedom fighter blocking both vehicle and pedestrian traffic with his car at St.Clair and Avenue. ImageImageImage
More honking green light slow rollers. ImageImageImageImage
Started walking south after seeing this.

Look, Gadsden is not directly a 'racist' flag, but depending on who is waiving it, you can make a case for some serious racial insensitivity.

Especially when it's being waived by a group of white people through a Jewish neighborhood. Image
Then there's this insensitive nonsense.

34,969 Canadians have died from COVID-19 in the past two years.

Also, nice workers movement you got here being led by folks driving the $50,000 Yukons.

Freedom to them means death for others. Image
'Stop normalizing masks'

Real little dick energy. Image
Freedom is written in the dirt. So apropos. Image
The individual in this vehicle was slow-rolling extensively. So much so that the passenger got out of the vehicle and walked along with it while smoking. ImageImage
Caught up with ol' Gadsden in Yorkville. Nice spiffy Dodge you got there sir, I'm sure so many people are treading on you.

Can confirm, white male. ImageImage
This white guy with the $50,000 Silverado also thinks he's being tred on. ImageImage
And then... a hero emerged. Image
This young person had a sign, as is their right during you know, 'freedom convoy' - the freedom fighters did not like the sign. Luckily they had friends with them because an angry mob gradually ascended over. ImageImageImageImage
Yes, let's bring our children out onto the middle of the road when it's not legally closed for a protest.

I remember white people condemning Tamils for doing the same thing a few years ago in Toronto, except they were actually protesting for a cause, not being whiney babies. Image
OH, AND THEY WEREN'T USING VEHICLES. ImageImage
Anyways, back to these white cis-males with their liberation symbols. ImageImageImageImage
'I'm a white upper-middle-class male in Canada. I'm so oppressed.' - these guys. ImageImageImageImage
This butthead honked right as I was walking past his truck. Real impressed by your horn Franky. ImageImageImage
Can't have a white grievance rally without honoring the king of populist white grievance.

'Trump won' ImageImage
After a hard day of freedom fight. (They walked one block). Time to kick back and enjoy some grub from a street meat vendor. The only working-class individual in sight. ImageImage
Then I headed to the foot of Queen's Park where I came across a small contingent of counter-protesters who were being harassed by so-called 'freedom fighters' for holding signs that reflected opposing views.

Some were more abrasive than others. ImageImage
Here's an 8-minute video of everything just covered.

Norcon Concrete Pumping
Lots of white folks from Minden are sick of being oppressed. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with decolonize.ca

decolonize.ca Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @decolonizedotca

Feb 7, 2022
Ottawa occupiers are using this vehicle to illegally supply fuel to the trucks downtown.

Individual is streaming from gas station lobbying for other occupiers to join him and to cart fuel.

Unknown location. Image
According to sources, this may be the person who created the live feed. Image
According to sources. This individual is actively carting fuel illegally from the North Bay region to Ottawa. ImageImage
Read 16 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(